All well on board. Jogging outside entrance to Pohnpei. Will enter and clear customs in the morning.
All well on board. Won't be able to get in today in time to do customs so we are slowing down and will go in first thing tomorrow morning.
All well on board. 255 miles to Pohnpei.
All well on board. Crossed the equator today at sunset - our 4th crossing in four years. Maybe Pacific Hwy should be Pacific Meander! clear skies, calm seas, steady breeze.
All well on board. Our weather improved significantly last night after sunset. No more squalls and we were able to set a course of 355M. Had a lovely, relaxing day close hauled, full sails, flat seas, and moderate breeze 8-12 NE. Tonight stars are out and no squalls in sight. ETA for Pohnpei is Thursday.
All well on board. Frustrating day sailing slowly away from our rhumb line. Before sunset we dropped the main and motored directly into wind on our course line. At 7 pm we rolled out the jib. Very slowly making course of 350M, 13 kts wind from NNE. Stars overhead with clouds on horizon.
All well on board. Had 1 kt adverse current up until about 3 hours ago (2100). So our average boat speed with light winds has been about 4.7.
All well on board. Caught a Mahi before exiting Manning Straits (after about 4 strikes that resulted in nothing getting hooked). Looks like a slow (but comfortable) trip. It has been HOT and water temp up to 90 F. Water should cool down once we leave the 'hot pool'.
Leaving Noro, Solomon Islands this afternoon for Pohnpei. About 900 miles north. ETA 7-9 days depending on wind.
Arrived in Noro, New Georgia, SI on Wednesday morning. 801 miles in 120 hours (from Luganville). Clearance very easy. Everyone very friendly. No crocs sighted! Waiting for clear weather to continue into Marovo Lagoon. Welcome to the convergence zone!
Approaching New Georgia and will sail along the north side to check in at Noro. Sorry my previous reports were formatted incorrectly so you didn't see them -my bad.
Leaving Luganville, Vanuatu Friday morning for Noro, New Georgia, Solomon Islands (750 nm).
Left Port Vila around 16:00 Tuesday bound for Amai Island, Maskelynes. Expected 18 knots from 80 degrees so left with double reefed main. Mostly had 10 kts from 120. Should arrive around 8 am
We had 20+ KTS most of the way to Lifou. Winds lightened to about 10 knts from S, then around 1:00 am picked back up to 14. Really comfortable.
Left Noumea this morning and headed for Port Vila
Anchored at Isle of Pines (no sign of Orphus - they may still be in Noumea)
Anchored near Prony (Ouen). Leaving for Ile de Pins this morning.
15 miles from Boulari Passe. Waiting for sun to come up to enter the lagoon.
140 miles to Noumea. Gribs are showing that we should have 10 kts for SE the entire way but our wind has changed from 7-9 kts at 110 degrees to light and variable. Hoping to see 10 knots from SE that gribs promised :)
250 miles from Noumea. We will slow down to make landfall Tuesday morning so we enter the lagoon in daylight.
On rhumb line to Noumea. Started sailing about 11 hours ago with about 8 knts wind. Wind has increased to a pretty steady 13 with up to 15 knts under clouds. Close hauled and waiting for wind to veer to SE.
Motor sailing for the past 24 hours. Waiting for wind to go to SE.
Currently in Coffs Harbour, AUS. Planning to check out on Monday and leave Tuesday morning for Noumea, New Caledonia.
Expect to arrive in Bundaberg on Monday morning.
Motored through the nights with no wind and glassy seas.
Enroute from Port Vila to Bundaberg. Sailed most of the day with no main and light air asymetrical headsail. At 1700 changed to poled out jib and engine. Wind has shifted to NNW @ 6 kts so rolled up jib. We're motoring with clear sky overhead and flat seas.
Going through Grand Pass (New Cal) AT 05:00. Heading for OZ. Winds have lightened up and we may be able to use the asymetrical today. Currently wing and wing with 8 kts apparent wind.
Left Port Vila at noon yesterday. Broad reaching with wind slightly aft of the beam 13-16. Some clouds but mostly clear sky.
Really nice overnight sail from Tanna to Port Vila. No motoring and no salt spray! Beautiful starry light-air night. Saw three Orcas. Where else can you stand on the rim of a spectacular volcano one night and sail with orcas the next! Life is GOOD!
Really nice downwind sail from Aneityum to Port Resolution, Tanna. 47 miles, 7.5 hours. Hope to visit volcano tonight.
At anchor in Analghowat Bay, Aneityum, Vanuatu
30m from Aneityum, after a slowish night
5:00 am Wed. 9/16/2015 Really big waves yesterday but seas calmed by nightfall. Maintaining good speeds with double reefed main and reefed jib. 165 mile day.
eta noon tomorrow in Aneityum
Left Vuda Pt at 11:30. Nice sail to pass. Wind aft of the beam.
On passage Fiji to Aneityum. Had 20-25kts leaving Fiji last night with high cloud but no rain
Winds are lightening up and veering more to the north. Clear skies and flat seas. 500 miles from Tarawa.
Went through light air Sat. afternoon and put up our light air asymetrical for a nice reach. At sunset, wind picked up to 12-15 so doused the chute and went with a reefed main and working jib. Averaging 7.5 knots. Beginning to lighten up now and expect we may have many days ahead of very light air.
Left Fiji on Wednesday morning. Had a fast reach for first 12 hours. Then more pleasant reach for next 6-7 hours. We've been in rain and wind 17-22 since 3:00 am (TH). Got headed this afternoon with 60 degree wind shift so changing our destination from Tuvalu to Kiribati.
still in Fiji but think they are leavng to go North today. hard to hear
No blogs available for this yacht.