Dreamtime

Dreamtime

Thu Nov 30 19:47 2017 NZDT
No position sent.

We have sold our yacht, DREAMTIME will turn into an Australian yacht now.

Thu Jul 6 15:07 2017 NZST

DREAMTIME on a mooring at Pittwater - this is our final destination:? We are looking to sell the yacht and move back to Switzerland. It's a good spot to hang around for a bit, Newport is just a 15 minute walk away and there's a good bus service to Sydney.

Thu Jun 8 21:18 2017 NZST
Run: 57.4nm (103.9km)

Took advantage of weak winds on Monday to go to Pittwater. No we are on a mooring in a very sheltered corner of Pittwater; putting DREAMTIME up for sale and if we find a buyer, this will be the end of our cruising life.

Wed May 31 15:24 2017 NZST
Run: 347.5nm (629km)
Avg: 4.7knts
24hr: 113.5nm
Weather: no wind, 10% cc, 1024 baro, no waves

At Newcastle Yacht club and very happy about that Since 06.00 NZST DREAMTIME is at the position mentioned above. Good sailing conditions on Sunday in daytime, Sunday night a front brought squalls, thunderstorms and 30knots NW-W wind. Monday (day 8) we encountered W wind 30+knots, >3m confused seas - hardly any progress towards the Australian coast. Tuesday (day 9)light conditions, so switched on the engine and headed towards Newcastle. By the end of Tuesday increasing headwinds, from 17.00 until arrival on Wednesday (day 10)at 05.00 NZST, we had to motor against W winds 20-30 knots. Didn't want to hang around though, because our GRIB file showed some seriously bad weather on Wednesday night. Arriving at Newcastle, we learned, that there was a gale warning in force for the Hunter Coast. So we'll stay put in Newcastle until we get good weather for our trip to Pittwater

Sun May 28 13:54 2017 NZST
Run: 396.3nm (717.3km)
Avg: 7.1knts
24hr: 170.1nm
Weather: 20 kn N, 30% cc, 1019 baro, 2.5-3 m waves

Day 7 of our passage to Australia On 14.00 NZST DREAMTIME is at the position mentioned above. Email issues on board, therefore no GRIBS but managed to pull on yesterday - doesn't look that good: Right now we are heading west in N wind, soon we'll get NW 20-25kn , turning into W and then SW - allways 20-25kn. Will slow us down again, hope to make it into Newcastle by Wednesday (where we will have to claw our way in against a strong W ..). Nevertheless, all well on board.

Fri May 26 6:00 2017 NZST
Run: 148.8nm (269.3km)
Avg: 6.3knts
24hr: 151.6nm
Weather: 22 kn W, 100% cc, 1014 baro, 3 m waves

Day 5 of our passage to Australia On 6.00 NZST DREAMTIME is at the position mentioned above. Had an uncomfortable night thanks to the strong wind on the nose and the confused seas. 640 nm to go.

Thu May 25 6:27 2017 NZST
Run: 194.7nm (352.4km)
Avg: 8knts
24hr: 192.3nm
Weather: 29 kn NE, 100% cc, 1026 baro, 2.5m waves

Day 4 of our passage to Australia On 6.00 NZST DREAMTIME is at the position mentioned above. Just had 25 kn of wind in a squall, looks like we just met the front we kept watching on our GRIB files. Making good progress though, all well on board.

Wed May 24 6:09 2017 NZST
Run: 167nm (302.3km)
Avg: 7.2knts
24hr: 173.1nm
Weather: 10 kn N, 80% cc, 1026 baro

Day 3 of our passage to Australia On 6 NZST DREAMTIME is at the position mentioned above. Switched off the engine yesterday at lunchtime. Since then pleasant sailing condition, all well on board.

Tue May 23 7:00 2017 NZST
Run: 117.1nm (212km)
Avg: 4.9knts
24hr: 117.7nm
Weather: no wind, 95% cc, 1030 baro

DREAMTIME on the pontoon at Riverside Drive Marina in Whangarei.
Left Marsden Cove yesterday at 11.00 NZST and since we are motoring along the coast in flat seas. Quite a mellow start to our trip to Australia, we count on finding wind once we are a bit more north.

Mon May 22 7:07 2017 NZST
Run: 10.7nm (19.4km)

A cold clear morning in Marsden Cove. We got here a day later than planned; we have to watch the tides carefully, if we don't want to run aground at the Kissing Point area. Saturday, at high water, heavy winds were stopping us from getting us out of our berth at the Riverside Drive Marina, yesterday we had a lovely trip down stream. We will change our foresail (there will be little wind on our way to Australia), the large genua will be more useful.
We will try and give position reports via Sailmail, HF radio will most likely not work so well.

Wed May 17 6:55 2017 NZST
Run: 6.4nm (11.6km)

Still in Whangarei, looking at a Saturday of Sunday departure from Marsden Cove to either Newcastle (we wish..) or Coffs Harbour. At this point the front, which will clobber us on our way to Australia, doesn't look too nasty. Not looking forward to the waves we'll see once we clear Cape Reinga.

Mon May 15 14:21 2017 NZST
Run: 6.4nm (11.6km)
Weather: no wind, 95% cc, 1022 baro

DREAMTIME on the pontoon at Riverside Drive Marina in Whangarei.
Waiting - along with quite a number of other cruisers - for a weather window to Australia, either to Coffs Harbour or Newcastle. So far the weather doesn't look tempting...

Sun May 7 13:26 2017 NZST
Run: 36.1nm (65.3km)

DREAMTIME at the Riverside Drive Marina, ready to go on our trip to Australia. Hoping for a suitable weather window, which - most likely - will not show up before next week. Started to listen into Gulf Harbour Radio again, can't get it on the SSB at this position, but internet radio works.

No blogs available for this yacht.