approaching Grand Passage.
146 miles to Grand Passage.
Plan to leave Port Vila for Bundaberg today.
On a mooring at Port Vila waiting for a window to sail to Bunderberg. Hoping to leave at the end of the week.
Anchored In Analgawat Aneityum. Great passage 7 days 4 hours no wind over 25 knts encountered.
50 miles to run to Aneitiyum, expect to anchor this pm.
Hove to for 8 hours yesterday waiting for wind to become more westerly as progress against northely wind and short confused sea was very slow. Crossed front at 23 20s 171 35e, there was a brief squall with rain and small increase in wind srength. Wind backed rapidly. 192 nm to run.
After a lovely day sailing yesterday we have encountered the northerly winds associated with the front and are struggling to make progress towards Aneityum.
Held back yesterday by strong counter current. All currents seem to be counter! Our 1st day at sea wss record breaking for us, 180nms in 24 hrs and the largest numbers of Albatross and Mollymawks we have ever seen at sea! About 40miles from land we were joined by a Greenfinch which expertly navigated its way into the cockpit enclosure and settled down for the night behind the instrument panel. .not knowing which direction it wanted to travel caused us some concern! Yesterday morning it flew away but arrived back in the late afternoon, coming to rest on the guard rail for a photo shoot. No sightings of it as yet today, possibly because the engine has been running nonstop. . .
Motoring, held back by stroing counter cuirrent
Departed Opua for Anietyum yesterday 18 May did leave on Sunday but had to return due to battery problems. Sailing fast in a modrate sea.
In Opua waiting for weather to leave for Anietyum Vanuatu
arrived Opua Nov 8th
Arrived Opus 13:30 * November
Flogging into headwind and adverse current. 33 miles to entrance to Bay of Islands
Spent most of yesterday beating into fresh SSW wind and short steep waves mixed with ocean swell. Wind has now eased and vered to SSE motoring direct towards Opua
Spent most of yesterday beating into fresh SSE wind and short steep waves mixed with ocean swell. Wind has now dropped and backed to SSW motorsailing direct to Opua
a radical change from 2 hrs ago. Engine now off!
Have been motoring through the expected position of the front since late last night. Some light wind now but mostly calm with flat seas, some drizzle for a while. Lighting in very far distance.
Motoring as wind has dropped and backed Sea much calmer. Expect to motor all dfay until reaching the front.
Have slowed down as wind has dropped. Sea much calmer.
Making good progress
Departed Vuda Point 12:00 31 Oct, Strong winds overnight have moderated and the sea has calmed
In Denerau waiting for window for passage to New Zealand. Now planning to leave on Monday 3 November.
Moored in Musket Cove waiting for window for passage to New Zealand. Currently planning to leave on Friday 31.
Moored in Musket Cove waiting for window for passage to New Zealand. Currently considering leaving in Friday 31.
Waiting For Weather Window To Leave For Fiji
holding off for good light to enter Fulanga
going to Fulanga
enjoying Makongi but looking to had to Lau
Moored in SavuSavu
25 miles to run to SavuSavu
160 miles to run to SavuSavu
Departed Minerva heading for SavuSavu
anchored Minerva North
drifting waiting to enter Minerva North
Heading to Minerva North plan to arrive Friday morning.
Motor sailing hope to reach Minerva Thursday evening
Good progress towards Minerva, hope to get in Thursday. Concerned that weather might deteriorate on Friday making entry difficult.
Heading for Minerva and Fiji
Departed Opua Saturday mid day heading for Minerva and Fiji
At Opua waiting to head to Fiji
No blogs available for this yacht.