arrived in mindarie ready to haul out on monday
fast ride down to dongara for few days until weather lets us get south
back to big pidgeon for few days until weather lets us head south
back in kalbarri after a pretty tough run from steep point, spent all night and day hugging cliffs in winds gusting in the 40,s
moved across to peron penninsula to a calmer anchorage
one uncomfortable night in turtle bay after running up the outside of dirk hartog, 2 nice mackeral on way up
change of plan and riding out southerly back in shelter bay
anchored off Dampiers landing, will move to turtle bay today when wind shifts to the south
stop in hearld bight for the night, 2 spanish mackeral trolling on the way over
denham for few days
moved over to shelter bay with the tiger sharks. dad here for few days
weather much better now,
moved to sunday island bay to get better shelter from the wind which has hit 40kn at time
arrived south passage with typical south passage weather 35kn winds, all good though, 2 mackeral and 2 tuna released and one yellowfin kept
back at big pidgeon
geraldton for few days
back at big Pidgeon after few days in Gero
Moored at Big Pidgeon after easy run up from fremantle, just in time for Anzac Day,
rottnest for the week with the family
got a real indian ocean welcome with 30 to 40kn southerly winds all night but now in a berth thanks to the fremantle cruising club
rough but fast night with a lot of traffic to keep an eye on, running wing on wing, just passing cape leeuwin, 150nm to fremantle, wind really going to kick up today but hopefully once i am past cape naturaliste
had really nice sailing conditions until 0200 then lost wind and been motoring since,first hints of breeze now, should fill in nicely over next few hours and hold until i make it to fremantle, should arrive friday morning
typo in last update, anchored Bremer bay after long but easy sail, tired, going to bed
anchored esperance after nice but tricky sail through the recherche archipelago, probably leave for either bremer or albany in the morning
awesome day, moved to middle island, stopped and caught some fish, also 5 bluefin tuna in the last 2 days, kept 2 and released rest, will be holed up here for next few days, going to blow tonight and tomo
Tamata is in western australia, anchored at Daw, long day, after being on one tack for 575nm had to tack 11 times in the last 24nm which took 6 hours trying to stay in the lee of Daw island, nice here but will have to bail tomorrow as weather coming,
easy day yesterday but rugged night, 30kn gusting 40 with strong opposing current, hove to for 5 hours to sort deck out and get some sleep, wind eased right off now and sea slowly settling down, 150 to go
easy 24h, little slow but not going to make Daw island by tomorrow night anyway, running wing on wing, seas still little disorganised. wind slowly moving to NE, should get decent breeze tonight and tomorrow
real mixed bag of weather, spent time on all points of sail yesterday in fluky winds and very confused sea with huge SW swell, wind steadied last night and had an easy night but got current against us, trying to work back up onto continental shelf, forecast looks good for rest of trip, 400nm to go to Daw island ( off israelite bay)
anchored at seasick bay,leaving tomorrow morning to cross
anchored at Avoid bay,
anchored near entrance to port lincoln ready for tomorrow morning departure to get to either coffin bay or avoid bay, monday possibly tuesday looks like the day to jump off across bight,
arrived port lincoln
arrived kingscote kangaroo island. No updates last 2 days due to laptop failure.good trip. Fast.
on way to kangaroo island, good sailing conditions, hoping for wind shift to the south so we can settle on one tack
anchored east cove, deal island, nice run in, arrived just as easterly dying, beautiful anchorage
85nm to deal island, fast but uncomfortable night, very confused seas, will heave to off the island around midnight and go in at daylight
arrived Eden, reasonable easy run down,
moved across to vincentia to wait out southerly winds
anchored in jervis bay, after a easy run down the coast,
getting ready in sydney to head west, depart for jervis bay on thursday
been fighting strong current most of last 24 hours but seems to have eased, nice conditions now, 194 to go, hoping to arrive in time to clear customs tomorrow
nice night but now have our southerly change, bumpy 24h coming up, reaching double reefed main and staysail
expecting slow day today waiting for southerly change tomorrow morning, unbelievably, hooked a big squid within minutes of putting lures in the water and then had something bite the squid while reeling in and only got it part of its head back
nice night running under spinnaker in 10kn of breeze, clear skies and calm seas but now motoring with not a breath of wind,
wind dropping, slow few days ahead but not stopping in New Cal, probably hoist kite at next watch change
good conditions, fast sailing, passing south of New Caledonia tonight, possible stop there depending on weather forecast
better conditions, seas more organised now
uncomfortable night with wind forward of beam
on route to sydney, variable conditions
motoring with 30nm to go to vuda marina, caught and released small blue marlin yesterday
motoring in calm conditions, just enough breeze to hold the jib, crossed dateline last night
rounding bottom Lau group, very little wind, spinnaker up but will be motoring soon i think
on route Fiji, slow going but nice morning
on route Fiji, just stopped at Late for lunch and swim, awesome,
sorry typo in last position, in neiafu, tonga
another easy night, good conditions, getting speed up again after being backed off last night, 130 to go, arrive tonight
good sailing, seas still quite smooth but will start to increase, passing north of Nuie, 290 to go
great conditions last night and this morning, ominous cloud and heavy rain approaching so about to reef right down, southerly change expected later today
slow rolly night, 550 to tonga,
easy night, clear until midnight then rain showers moved in again, making decent progress wing on wing, nearly halfway,
good easy night, raining at the moment but breeze quite steady,
good conditions, more rain last night but breeze quite steady,running wing on wing, all well, 1000nm to go
continuing on, rough night, squalls to 35 and heavy rain most of the night, night under double reef main only, all is well though,
on way to Tonga with possible stop in Mopelia,
Anchored at Tahanea
heading for tuamotus
heading for tuamotus
En route from Tubuai to Tahiti. nice conditions this morning. 80nm to go.
En route from Tubuai to Tahiti. Sloppy with lighter winds than we'd hoped for. 180nm to go.
At anchor in Tubuai. Hooked a nice wahoo!
Anchored in Rairua Bay, Raivavae after 19 days at sea!
Day 20: Motorsailing, 50nm W of Raivavae. Should be anchored by dinnertime if all goes well.
Day 19: Moving along. 130nm to go.
Day 18: Off to a good start this morning after heaving to again for most of the night. (PS: Yes, Gulf Harbour, we do listen. Thanks for the great service!)
Day 17: On the road again. Favorable course heading, but slow going.
Day 16: Hove to instead of continuing to beat into wind & sea. Waiting for better conditions and catching up on rest. All's well on board!
Day 15: Slow going... Close hauled, unfavorable winds.
Day 14: Sailing through occasional squalls and rain showers.
Day 13: Motorsailing. Appx 500nm to Raivavae.
Day 12: 350nm in the past 48hrs. Making hay while the sun shines.
Day 11: Great downwind sailing!
Day 10: Slow and rolly after midnight. Light breeze filling in. Sailing wing on wing now and making decent progress.
Day 9: Fast sailing! Making some miles through very lumpy seas.
Day 8: The wind is back! Nice conditions this morning.
Day 7: Motorsailing. A bit grey out here.
Day 5: Motoring. Very mellow conditions. Heading NE to get atop approaching front.
Day 4: Slow going this morning with light wind and sloppy seas. Will have to motor to get further South.
Day 3: Making good progress. Very comfortable conditions.
Just crossed the International Date Line. All's well on board.
Off to a good start.
testing, departing tomorrow for raivavae
No blogs available for this yacht.