Skip to main content
YIT

Yachts In Transit

Noticeboard Buy & Sell
Contact Us Privacy Policy
Features Join Login
Menu
Noticeboard Buy & Sell Features Join
Help
Contact Us Privacy Policy
Login
Home Privacy
View Yacht

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.

— Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Tehani-li - September 9, 2020

By Tehani-li on Wed, 9 Sep 2020 - 14:21
  • Read more about Tehani-li - September 9, 2020
  • Add new comment

[password] ninkea14
[position] 04 09.6S 159 34.6W
[weather] Sunny with a few heavy clouds, light winds E10, Spinnaker 5k
[status] Day 34...It's has been a challenging day in terms of finding the balance between nursing the rig, keeping wind in the sails, staying close to our course and avoid the windless sails to flop and bang with every toss of the wave. All morning we were working with sail configuration and course change. I am confident we will get there. Otherwise, the temperature is warming up, and it's now comfy to wear shorts and t-shirts during the day.

Patea - September 9, 2020

By Patea on Wed, 9 Sep 2020 - 12:36
  • Read more about Patea - September 9, 2020
  • Add new comment

[password] Ridingmore
[position] 15 48.176S 146 9.092W
[weather] Lovely!
[status] After a quick night at the eastern pass of Toau, we headed a little further west to catch up with SV Windchase, before they depart for the Society Islands. Also found some surf to enjoy, some beaches to run around on, and some nice snorkelling!
Hugs from Team Patea!

[END]

Second Wind - September 9, 2020

By Second_Wind on Wed, 9 Sep 2020 - 12:03
  • Read more about Second Wind - September 9, 2020
  • Add new comment

[password] silvermom
[position] 50 06.62N 128 10.50W
[status] Since we're sailors we opted for sailing, and went down the west coast of Vancouver Island. We had a great overnight run last night; it felt wonderful to be back in some wind and swells. Unfortunately, the predicted N20k for today did not materialize, so the giddiness was shortlived. We're now motoring again! On the bright side, we found summer. We haven't been this warm, or seen a big blue sky or stars at night, since late May.
[heading] 125T
[speed] 5k

Tehani-li - September 8, 2020

By Tehani-li on Tue, 8 Sep 2020 - 13:51
  • Read more about Tehani-li - September 8, 2020
  • Add new comment

[password] ninkea14
[position] 03 04.4N 157 22.6W
[weather] Sunny, wall to wall blue. Winds ESE 15-20, Sailing with full headsail 5-6k

Tehani-li - September 7, 2020

By Tehani-li on Mon, 7 Sep 2020 - 15:00
  • Read more about Tehani-li - September 7, 2020
  • Add new comment

[password] ninkea14
[position] 01 54.5S 155 41.8W
[weather] Sunny, very rolly seas, E 20k, sailing reefed headsail 5k

Second Wind - September 7, 2020

By Second_Wind on Mon, 7 Sep 2020 - 14:36
  • Read more about Second Wind - September 7, 2020
  • Add new comment

[password] silvermom
[position] 51 29.333N 127 45.505W
[status] We're anchored at Fury Cove, the last stop before heading across Queen Charlotte Sound and down Vancouver Island. The weather forecast keeps changing so we still haven't decided whether we're going down the inside or outside. We're not keen on all the motoring in inner channels so would prefer to sail down the west coast of the island, even though it's a lot more miles. That said, right now there are gale force winds predicted for that area, which isn't appealing either. We'll decide by tomorrow afternoon.

Second Wind - September 6, 2020

By Second_Wind on Sun, 6 Sep 2020 - 16:00
  • Read more about Second Wind - September 6, 2020
  • Add new comment

[password] silvermom
[position] 52 03.701N 127 50.431W
[status] No rain again today; with good visibility, we opted for some shortcuts through Reid and Gunboat Passages. Since we're just motoring, it was more enjoyable to maneuver through those narrow channels than to just drive along water highways. We're anchored in Codville Lagoon, which feels like a large lake once inside the entrance.
[heading] 230M
[speed] 0k
[weather] Wind S 10k. Sea rippled. Baro 1028 mb, an increase of 8 mb in 8 hours. Cloud 100%.
[END]

Tehani-li - September 6, 2020

By Tehani-li on Sun, 6 Sep 2020 - 14:15
  • Read more about Tehani-li - September 6, 2020
  • Add new comment

[password] ninkea14
[position] 01 31.5S 153 08.5W
[weather] Sunny with clouds on horizon, winds E 10-20, bumpy sea, sailing wing on wing 6k

Second Wind - September 5, 2020

By Second_Wind on Sat, 5 Sep 2020 - 15:09
  • Read more about Second Wind - September 5, 2020
  • Add new comment

[password] silvermom
[position] 52 18.667N 128 21.139W
[status] I turned 65 today and got the best birthday present possible: sunshine! The day began with heavy fog, which made it difficult to maneuver around the many large logs in the channels; but by midafternoon the sky was clearing. We're anchored in tiny Oliver Cove, a lovely place with rocky islets that we can actually finally see.
The planet has all the way around the sun 6 times since we left Washington on this date in 2014. It's been quite a journey.
[heading] 310M
[speed] 0k

Double Bubble -

By Double_Bubble on Sat, 5 Sep 2020 - 14:36
  • Read more about Double Bubble -
  • Add new comment

Pagination

  • First page « First
  • Previous page ‹ Previous
  • …
  • Page 100
  • Page 101
  • Page 102
  • Page 103
  • Current page 104
  • Page 105
  • Page 106
  • Page 107
  • Page 108
  • …
  • Next page Next ›
  • Last page Last »
Subscribe to

Follow Us

Facebook YouTube

About YIT

YIT – Yachts in Transit – is an online community for cruising sailors. Track yachts, share updates, find anchorages, and connect with fellow cruisers from around the world.

  • About YIT

Get in touch with the YIT team.

  • Contact Us
  • Become a Follower
  • Join YIT

© 2026 YIT – Yachts in Transit. All rights reserved.

Protected by Moat AI Security Active monitoring