Anchor down 11:00 am local time yesterday - Lomaloma, Vanua Balavu, Fiji
Enroute Fiji via Minerva Reef. Very light winds last 24 hrs with sailing between 1.5 and 5 kts. 73 nm to Vanua Balavu, Fiji
Enroute Fiji via Minerva Reef. Very light winds last 24 hrs with mix of motoring and sailing at <3 kts. 143 nm to Vanua Balavu, Fiji
Enroute Fiji via Minerva Reef. Departed Minerva for Fiji yesterday. 250 nm to Vanua Balavu, Fiji
Enroute Fiji via Minerva Reef. Departing Minerva for Fiji this morning. 420 nm to Vanua Balavu, Fiji
Enroute Fiji via Minerva Reef. Dropped anchor at 8:50 this am in SE corner of Minerva North. - nm to Minerva
Enroute Fiji via Minerva Reef. Pleasant sailing under Genoa, mizzen staysail & mizzen. 120 nm to Minerva
Enroute Fiji via Minerva Reef. Motored thru night after 2 pleasant days of sailing
Enroute Fiji via Minerva Reef. Very light sailing after motoring thru night
Enroute Fiji via Minerva Reef.
At anchor in Opua waiting for a good weather window to Fiji. Testing sat phone email system.
Amelie IV tied up to the Opua quarantine dock at 21:30 hrs. Thanks for the weather updates Gulf Harbour Radio. All's great.
Final run into Opua. 95 nm to go.
Beating hard to windward. Will likely hold this tack until late afternoon before tacking. 205 nm to Opua. Likely Fri AM at this rate. All's well.
David. As requested here's the front info. Passed through around 08:45 at approx. 30 20.0S / 172 36.0E. Wind quickly moved from NW to S-SE. Max sustained wind approx 20-25 kts for a 10-15 minutes from S. Max gust to 30 kts for very short period from roughly same direction. Wind now from SSE but clocking slowly toward the forecast SW. Currently motorsailing until wind clocks to SW. All's well.
Winds have continued backing to NW. Into North edge of front with overcast and light drizzle at times. Expect wind shift and change course for Opua mid afternoon. All's well aboard......but I had to find pants this morning so a little unhappy about that.......
Winds have continued backing to NNE now. Speed slowed a bit for last 12 hrs running dead downwind. Getting a bit more westing for expected wind shift tomorrow.
Winds have continued backing to E now to allow easier sailing south. Spent most of yesterday afternoon and early evening working through a few lines of squally crap with winds and seas 3+m. Smoother ride this morning with wind dropping back down and seas abating. Another day in paradise! Expecting to hold this course for next day until expected wind shift comes.
Nice sailing so far. Altered course to stay east of 174 until wind shifts. All's well aboard.
Enroute to NZ after departing yesterday AM from Lautoka. All's well aboard.
Back anchored off Bekana Is near Lautoka Fiji.....Full crew aboard. Don Langton, Bill Mulloy, Chris Riege & Jeff Seaborn from Canada all arrived, MC, Meg & Matthew flying to Auckland tomorrow PM. Planned departure for Amelie IV tomorrow AM. Mark
Anchored off Bekana Is near Lautoka Fiji.....Beautiful evening....Waiting on crew for jump to NZ and testing out email position updates!
At anchor in Fiji
No blogs available for this yacht.