All good. thanks for help on passage
Finally trades 6pm last night. 80nm in 12hrs. ETA Denarau SAT.
Just turned off engine Aft 11 hrs motor. ETA Nadi Sat
Is there wind shift back to SE?
5E 10-12 E seas <1m 100% cloud
All good. Will try asymetric spinnaker.
motored all night but sailing now - GHRadio morning sked
all good. Will put pole out after coffee and head more NNE
Current at Riverside Drive Marina in Whangarei prepping Anahata to leave.
Just finished painting the antifouling and hope to get in the water on monday or tuesday.next week. NZ visa runs out on the 10 May.
Safely tied up at Bay of Islands marina. Arrived yesterday at 10am. Thank you Gulf Harbour for support and info on the way. Very relieved to get in before the storm.
Thanks you for the help during this drama filled trip.9nm from None Pin at 0545 this morning.
all good Opua 135nm ETA 3-6am
talked about the need for easting until the front comes
29 49S 175 02E Wind ESE 13-15 kts SOG 5.5kts COG 171T seas 1m. Trying get easting in today before front tomorrow. Target 33S 176E
all well. Nothing has broken for 24hours!
via InReach. Tube on monitor paddle sheared at bolts on tube. Must have hit something. (These are designed to give way). have affected repair. All good.
radio still not great but with help from Aradonna we got it.
Via Margarita relay. and from david via InReach Found problem with steering. Last link of chain to swage cable broke. and from David Will try and repair this morning. Boat self steering by herself.
Later . Steering problem fixed. 3 links in steering chain broke. had to shorten it by 8 inches and extended cable to quadrant using dynema line. While down below in lazzarette David foubd a bad SSB connection so we should hear him tomorrow. Speed now up to 7.5
Lost steerage steering cable in pedestal broke. Will try fix in morning
via relay from pilgrim. All well on board but I am worried about the radio TX quality
picked up mooring in denarau for monitor repair.
Monitor wind self steering broke just before I was due to leave Denarau for NZ. Having it repaired on Monday. Will reassess weather window at that time.
final preparation of Anahata as i prepare to depart tomorrow friday from Denarau, fiji to Opua, NZ. will be sailing solo on this trip.
at anchor in Saweni bay prepping the boat for sail to NZ.
Sent from my iPad Sent from my iPad
left Wallis 1pm yesterday and on passage back to Fiji
wonderful sail overnight and 30m to go to Futuna
just north of Taveuni on way to Futuna.
all is well. Thanks Monty & Margy
Anchored outside Port Denarau working with Sea Mercy, getting material ready to head out to Makogai in about a week. All good.
anchored Waiting for crew from Fiji
waiting for crew before continuing to Kiribatti and the Marshalls. Close to the TD so listened to wx forecast carefully!
hoping to leave midday to Wallis . Frustrating 5 day wait for fuel View the location or send a reply to David Hartman: https://explore.delorme.com/textmessage/txtmsg?extIdÂa91551-39ad-42f2-9a85-9344f2e15596&adr=send%40yit.co.nz David Hartman sent this message from: Lat -18.656695 Lon -173.982882 Do not reply directly to this message.
This message was sent to you using the DeLorme inReach two-way satellite communicator with GPS. To learn more, visit http://www.delorme.com/inReach/
No blogs available for this yacht.