We have arrived Blackwood Bay. Here with Fyne Spirit. Expect departure for Debut, Indonesia, Wednesday. Thank you for the great weather and cheerful voices each morning. Will continue listening until arrival Indonesia on the 26th or 27th. Not, however, tomorrow morning, Monday, as we expect to sleep in. Cheers, Jack & Jan
Given wind (22-26) and sea (3m) it was a pretty comfortable night. Now inside reef heading toward Blackwood Bay, Mt. Adolphus Is. Dead downwind with main only. Expect arrival this evening.
Ran poled out genny last 24 hours. Expected, but not getting lighter winds overnight and morning to fly spinnaker after light with increase starting afternoon up over 20 by tomorrow night. Please comment during radio report if appropriate.
Comfortable night, less roll.
Consistent conditions since front passed yesterday morning with wine slowly backing.
Wind backing. Rain. Expect to tack shortly.
Since sea eased and wind increased yesterday morning have had good sailing. Going north of rhumb until wind shifts to south to keep most wind ref. GRIB and for better angle later.
Swell higher than forecast yesterday, up to 3 meters.
Koumac. Will wait until Friday morning to depart for Torres Strait.
Anchored at Koumac. Little wind until about 0300 then 20 to 25 across the point last 3 hours.
Motored all the way to Koumac inside. Dreary day.
2100 UTC. Calm night behind Ile Grimault. Currently en route Baie Chasseloup, Koumac tomorrow.
Day hopping up the coast. Last night at Ile Grimault leaving shortly. Tonight Baie Chasseloup. Tomorrow Koumac. No rush, so have decided to top up provisions and may leave for Torres end of week. Unable copy Deesse (pronounced day ESS) this morning. If you get a chance please send their position from this morning.
2200 UTC Anchored in Baie des Moustiques. Thinking to head more southerly at first toward Chesterfield Reef to gain a bit of distance from Raquel until she decides what to do, but probably just go up-island to Koumac, top-up provisions and wait. Hopefully the French won't get too fussy about us chilling for a few days. Thanks for info that report got through.
Motoring for Baie des Moustiques to stage for passage Torres Straight/Indonesia. Rethinking early departure due being able to hear David this morning away from Noumea interference with update on TC Raquel. Think first password is correct as updated using one time second password, but message from 24/6 didn't seem to get through. Are password and format OK?
Just want to make sure I've finally gotten sorted on proper format. We're awaiting a warranty part shipment from US. Claimed to be here Friday. Not holding breath.
Final preparations before heading toward Indonesia
32nm from Koure pass and conditions not like just further south so an OK entrance
hdg to Noumea
Anthem - Anthem - 703 Jul 2015
Last week marked the 239th birthday of the United States and about 33 for those guys to the north. They didn't start counting until a constitution was signed, whereas we got about a decade and a half jump on that by measuring from sending a nasty note to King George telling him where he could stick his empire. We tried to get Canada involved in the subsequent dust-up, but they weren't nearly as miffed with the British as we were. Although a formal document has served us extremely well, that 15 Read more...