Weather: 100% cloud, light rain just started, 1014.1hPa, 24c, Astarte pointing E in very light breeze
Arrived in Saweni Bay yesterday just after noon after a great downwind sail inside the reef. Anchored in a 20k N wind throwing a big sea into the bay. Quite "boisterous" until about 1600 or so, when the winds went to the S, moderated and the bay settled
Weather: wind light and variable,1015.1mB, 24c, 95% cloud, .
Albert Cove, Rabi. Had a great sail yesterday once we rounded the point. Mostly E-ENE winds. Fishing was very productive. Two Mahis to the boat, the bigger one landed, plus one rainbow runner which we had for dinner.
Anchored next to an Island that we cannot pronounce(correctly), spelled Tilagica. Very nice morning. Good motor sail yesterday, caught(finally) a very nice mahi and filled the water tanks with the RO machine.
Weather: S 12-18k, 1015.6mB, 2% cloud, 23c. Gusty winds started very early this morning
Moved from Tivi to what the locals call Bula Bay. Went up the Wainakoro River yesterday in the repaired dinghy, got a bit more diesel, outboard gas, cookies, a new cooking gas regulator and cold drinks. The shop here has one of everything, except the eggs were "finished".
Weather: SE 10-15, calm most of the night, 2% cloud, 1013.7mB, 23c
Left Kia, now in Malau taking the early bus to Labasa for supplies and a bit of diesel. Sad to leave Kia. Still recovering from Michael's climb to the top of the hill on Kia where a really old canon is located along with great views of the Great Sea Reef
On a mooring in SavuSavu. Safely arrived here at 0840 local time. (Clearance was a breeze, as expected.) After a VERY boisterous last 18 hours. Lots of squalls, wind SE 20-25 and 2-3m swell from the same. Looking forward to more than 3 hours of continuous sleep and a chili/chicken meat pie from the Hot Bread Shop.
Sailed all but 10 miles to Urquharts Bay, on our way to Whangarei, NZ. Had a great sail, 6.5-7k most of the way, till the wind died. Will start the last minute preps in town when we get there later this week.
Back over to Smokehouse Bay from Kiwiriki, for showers after riding out TC Cook. Luckily the storm was farther east and weaker than forecast so we did fine. Will look for a window to get back to the Hatea River and Whangarei next week. Happy Easter!
Safely anchored in Smokehouse Bay. After a very pleasant motor here. Flat seas, clear skies and lite winds(sailing would have been better) but we never saw the forecast showers. Hope the water system is working here for hot showers.
FINALLY, back in the water. At the dock in Whangarei Marina. Recovering and getting ready to try and get to Great Barrier Island early next week. Really glad the haul out is over, but we did get most of what we had planned finished.
Whew, pretty breezy last night 25-35 sustained, NNE. A fair amount of rain that is much needed. Will wait here til Tuesdays haul out at Docklands 5. Hope the wind settles today, still 15-20k from the SW which is not the best direction for here in the Nook.
Tucked in, being REALLY lazy. Wx has been glorious. Head back to Opua Monday for final heady roller furler fix, then will head south toward Whangarei for a haul out. Russel Boat Club Tall Ships Race today at noon.