ATHAIR

ATHAIR

Sun May 19 17:28 2019 NZST
Run: 73.6nm (133.2km)
36 19S 174 08E

Departure delayed!


There is a weather thing hanging around well north which has the potential to turn bad, tropical storm kind of bad. So right now we are just waiting to make sure nothing like that is going to cross our path while on transit to Tonga. Hopefully we will be out of here in the next few days. In the meantime, plenty to do in the bay of Islands. We will head out tomorrow for the night.


Other news... the wind generator broke. Which we rely on, especially in winter. However we were saved by mum and dad who brought the warranty one up which is now installed and running well.


Wed May 15 18:21 2019 NZST
Run: 7nm (12.7km)
35 15.29S 174 13.89E

testing posting from the satellite ph tonight. Came for a sail today to one of the islands and ran the perimeter track. Anne started the day with a bread baking class at 5am. Crazy.

Tucked up in a little cove tonight out of the wind with 2 other boats. Will head back to opua tomorrow and still planning on leaving New Zealand on Monday.


Yum Anne - you'll have to share your recipe with us at some point. xx
Sun May 12 17:42 2019 NZST
Run: 43.2nm (78.2km)
35 19S 174 08E
Weather: Generally bad

Arrived at opua this morning with over 30 knots. Sailing at 10 knots downwind with a small piece of job out. Since we’ve been here the wind has increased and it’s raining but still managed a quick run. Otherwise baby sitting the boat today. Supposed to improve this evening. Hopefully more exciting activities tomorrow!


Fri May 10 19:30 2019 NZST
Run: 51.1nm (92.5km)
Avg: 5.4knts
24hr: 129.8nm
35 51S 174 32E

At smugglers bay Whangarei heads for the night. Bit of a mixture today. Probably sailed about half of it.


Fri May 10 10:03 2019 NZST
Run: 98nm (177.4km)
Avg: 2.5knts
24hr: 60.6nm
36 32S 174 53E

Finally heading north towards Opua. Unfortunately into a northerly but going well. Not sure of tonight’s destination. Whangarei if we have the wind.


Wed May 8 19:13 2019 NZST
Run: 88.9nm (160.9km)
35 13S 174 14E

Big day of motoring today. We were hoping for a light norwester but it never came.

We did catch a little albacore tuna, currently eating that raw with soy sauce.

Anyway we’re here in the bay of islands and awaiting the big blow, forecast for 30 gusting 40 here tomorrow. We will probably make our way up to opua in the morning sometime.


Fri Apr 19 7:42 2019 NZST
36 26S 174 45E
Weather: Cloudy

Gear testing weekend in preparation for pacific trip.


No blogs available for this yacht.