Blowin' Bubbles

Blowin' Bubbles

Sun Nov 26 6:33 2017 NZDT
Speed: 6.2knts
Run: 143.1nm (259km)
Avg: 6knts
24hr: 144nm

Over the equator. Will arrive Tarawa later today. All is well.

Sat Nov 25 6:42 2017 NZDT
Speed: 5.2knts
Run: 135.4nm (245.1km)
Avg: 5.7knts
24hr: 135.7nm
Weather: Wind NE 8 knots, Seas NE

Another 24 hours of spectacular sailing.... Light winds, calm seas.... Good thing this doesn't happen all the time or EVERYONE would want to be out here.... We will be crossing the equator today. Can we continue to send reports?

Fri Nov 24 6:45 2017 NZDT
Speed: 4.5knts
Run: 129nm (233.5km)
Avg: 5.6knts
24hr: 133.7nm
Weather: Wind NNE 8-10, Seas - calm

285 to Tarawa. An extraordinary 24 hours of sailing. Light air, flat seas, clear sky.... We are not breaking any speed records, but thoroughly enjoying this passage...

Thu Nov 23 7:36 2017 NZDT
Speed: n 1.0m, cc 80%, temp 30c, humidity 80%, bar 1010knts
Run: 132nm (238.9km)
Avg: 5.4knts
24hr: 129.8nm
Weather: Wind: N10, sea

sp: 5.0 405 Miles to Tarawa. Would appreciate a little weather info between 05S and 02N around 175E.

Wed Nov 22 7:12 2017 NZDT
Speed: 1.5 m. nw, cc 100%, bar 1009,knts
Run: 218.7nm (395.8km)
Avg: 9.1knts
24hr: 219.2nm
Weather: wind: NW 12 knots, Sea

sp: 5.2 514 nm from Tarawa. Thunder and lightning all night. Occasional squalls. Motorsailed all night...
Hoping this will clear today?

Tue Nov 21 7:15 2017 NZDT
Speed: 0.00knts
Weather: BAR 1015, wind NE 10, CC 10%, hum 70% temp 30C, seas calm in the atoll.

anchored in the south end of Funafuti. We would appreciate it if David would look at the weather over the next few days as there are a few boats heading this way from Fiji and we are looking at moving farther north... Thank you.

Thu Nov 9 7:45 2017 NZDT
Speed: 0.00knts
Run: 8.8nm (15.9km)
Weather: BAR 1015, wind NE 10, CC 10%, hum 70% temp 30C, seas calm in the atoll.

Anchored in the south end of Funafuti. We would appreciate it if David would look at the weather over the next few days as there are a few boats heading this way from Fiji and we are looking at moving farther north... Thank you.

Mon Oct 30 9:35 2017 NZDT
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 5.4nm (9.8km)
Avg: 4.5knts
24hr: 107nm
Weather: wind 7 knots NNE, cc 40%, bar 1013

Arrived Funafuti safe and sound... All is well. Thank you.

Mon Oct 30 8:22 2017 NZDT
Run: 319.5nm (578.3km)
Avg: 6.5knts
24hr: 156.4nm
Weather: less than 5kt wind, sl0ppy seas, 20%cc, 1012

5nm from Funafuti. Good progress on their trip to the Marshalls

Sat Oct 28 7:20 2017 NZDT
Speed: 6.5knts
Run: 135.2nm (244.7km)
Avg: 2.9knts
24hr: 69.4nm
Weather: Wind 8knots E, CC 98%, seas 1.5 meters, BAR 1011

Motorsailing toward Funafuti after a night of very squally weather. Approx. 300 nm to go. It looks like a day of iky weather....

Thu Oct 26 8:33 2017 NZDT
Speed: 1knts
Run: 3.5nm (6.3km)
Weather: BAR 1016, CC 20%, wind EAST 10-12 knots.

It looks like we have missed the current weather window..... We are happy to delay our departure until later next week... Thank you for the forecast this morning.

Thu Oct 26 8:33 2017 NZDT
Speed: 1knts
Weather: BAR 1016, CC 20%, wind EAST 10-12 knots.

It looks like we have missed the current weather window..... We are happy to delay our departure until later next week... Thank you for the forecast this morning.

Wed Oct 25 8:20 2017 NZDT

looking to go north to Futuna - from Wallis

Fri Oct 20 8:36 2017 NZDT
Run: 402.4nm (728.3km)
Avg: 8.4knts
24hr: 201.1nm
Weather: 10n but very much stronger on arrival yesterday

Got into Wallis just before the strong weather

Wed Oct 18 8:36 2017 NZDT
Speed: 2.2knts
Run: 183.8nm (332.7km)
Avg: 7.2knts
24hr: 173.8nm
Weather: 23E

130 to Wallis

Tue Oct 17 7:13 2017 NZDT
Run: 41.4nm (74.9km)
Weather: 40%cc, bar1015, wind calm, seas

On our way to Wallis. Left Vani Bay at 0530. ETA Friday.

Mon Oct 16 8:15 2017 NZDT
Run: 43.2nm (78.2km)
Weather: 10%cc, bar 1014,

Leaving Savusavu at 0900. Heading for Wallis

Fri Oct 13 8:00 2017 NZDT
Run: 41.5nm (75.1km)
Weather: 30% cc, wind 15-20 knots ESE, seas 1-2 meters, bar 1012.

Still trying to get to Savusavu. Hopefully will arrive today. Plan to check out on Monday. Then off too Wallis. C- 089T, sp 6.5knots. Motorsailing to wind.

Thu Oct 12 7:11 2017 NZDT
Run: 52.3nm (94.7km)
Weather: 10%cc, bar 1015, wind 6knots SE, seas

We have an early start heading to Vanua Levu. ETA 1700 today. 70 mtg. All is well.

Wed Oct 11 8:40 2017 NZDT
Run: 2.2nm (4km)
Avg: 11.1knts
24hr: 266.2nm
Weather: flat seas, 0%cc, 1015, no wind

passing lautoka area on their way to Wallis. Guess the engine is on!

Wed Oct 11 8:28 2017 NZDT
Run: 1.9nm (3.4km)
Weather: 0% cc, bar 1015, wind

Underway to Savusavu to check out. Looking for a weather window to Wallis Monday? Tuesday?

Thu Oct 5 8:17 2017 NZDT
Run: 0.8nm (1.4km)
Weather: Sunny sky's, wind

Thank you for your kind note. Shelley is doing well... hope to make our way to Musket by Saturday.

Wed Oct 4 9:36 2017 NZDT
Run: 0.8nm (1.4km)
Weather: Sunny with 10% cc.

We have had a busy weekend. Shelley hasn't been feeling well and on Friday had emergency surgery in Suva to remove her gallbladder. We are back on the boat in Saweni Bay. All is well

Sat Sep 23 6:57 2017 NZST
Run: 344nm (622.6km)
Weather: BAR 1015, cc

Still in Sawanei Bay.... We have had some medical issues, getting close to a solution...

Thu Sep 7 7:37 2017 NZST
Run: 350.7nm (634.8km)
Avg: 7.2knts
24hr: 173nm
Weather: Bar 1017, cc 5%, wind

Anchored in Saweni Bay.

Tue Sep 5 6:58 2017 NZST
Run: 102.2nm (185km)
Avg: 4.3knts
24hr: 103.5nm
Weather: Bar 1017, cc 5%, wind NE 10, seas calm,

1.5 hours from Vuda Marina. Went through the pass at 0200, anchored by the range lights till dawn. All is well.

Mon Sep 4 7:16 2017 NZST
Run: 0.7nm (1.3km)
Weather: Bar 1018, wind 5-10knots SSE, seas calm. Cc 5%

Planning an overnight to Vuda.

Fri Sep 1 10:34 2017 NZST
Run: 10.9nm (19.7km)
Weather: Bar 1012, cc 100%, frequent rain showers. Wind NE 8-10, seas N

Safely anchored in Namalta, Kadavu. Waiting for a WW to overnight back to Vuda...

Mon Aug 28 7:36 2017 NZST
Run: 5.9nm (10.7km)
Weather: Bar 1016, cc30%, wind 5 knots, seas calm in the bay.

Moved a few miles yesterday. Had lovely weather for a change. Hoping to see some Manta Rays today...

Sat Aug 26 7:35 2017 NZST
Run: 4.5nm (8.1km)
Weather: 90%cc, bar 1015, wind 5knots ESE, seas calm here in the bay.

Moved a few miles to KOROLUVU Bay. All is well.

Thu Aug 24 7:37 2017 NZST
Weather: Bar 1012, cc 100%, temp 22c, wind 12-15 knots.

Still tucked into Vatulutu Bay in Southern Kadavu. Lots of rain and crapppy weather.... all is well.

Mon Aug 21 7:29 2017 NZST
Run: 3nm (5.4km)
Weather: Cc100% bar 1014, wind

Tucked into the southern bay at kadavu.

Thu Aug 17 7:13 2017 NZST
Run: 0.9nm (1.6km)
Weather: Bar 1013' cc 30%, temp 19c, wind 8-10 S

After a rainy day, all is well.

Wed Aug 16 7:34 2017 NZST
Run: 45.5nm (82.4km)
Weather: Wind 5kts S, Bar 1014, CC 100%, Rain

Safely tucked into Kavala Bay

Mon Aug 14 7:31 2017 NZST
Run: 2.6nm (4.7km)
Weather: Same as Swiftsure

Also on our way to Kindavu. All is well

Mon Aug 7 7:21 2017 NZST
Run: 25.5nm (46.2km)
Weather: BAR 1019, winds 5 knots gusting to 15. Calm seas here in the bay. Cc 70%

Safely tucked into Beqa Island.

Thu Aug 3 7:02 2017 NZST
Run: 1.4nm (2.5km)

Just moved over to Suva harbor.... outside Royal Suva YC.

Mon Jul 31 6:45 2017 NZST
Run: 48.1nm (87.1km)
Weather: Bar 1017' wind

Safely anchored in Suva.

Sun Jul 30 6:59 2017 NZST
Speed: 6.4knts
Run: 4.8nm (8.7km)
Weather: bar 1017, cc 98%, wind 10-12 SE, seas

Underway to Suva. ETA mid afternoon today. All is well... Swiftsure is gaining on us...

Fri Jul 28 7:31 2017 NZST
Run: 50.3nm (91km)
Weather: Bar 1017, wind SE 12, cc 20%, seas 1 meter S,

Safely anchored in the northwest bay of Gau Island... All is well.

Thu Jul 27 7:00 2017 NZST
Run: 1.7nm (3.1km)
Weather: BAR 1015, wind SSE 12-15, cc 50%, seas 1.5 meters.

Underway to Gau Island. Motorsailing, hoping for a bit of a shift east.... all is well.

Wed Jul 26 7:15 2017 NZST
Weather: BAR 1012, cc 40%, 23c, wind 10-12 S,

We are still tucked into the bay here at Toro Island... we would like to confirm that the wind will shift a little east tomorrow morning. We are trying to get south to Gau Island. Cheers.

Tue Jul 25 7:48 2017 NZST
Run: 41.1nm (74.4km)
Weather: Bar 1014, light winds SE,

Moored in the bay at Toro Island.

Thu Jul 20 7:16 2017 NZST
Run: 3nm (5.4km)
Weather: 20% cc

Underway to Toro Island

Tue Jul 18 7:16 2017 NZST
Run: 0.8nm (1.4km)
Weather: Overcast with showers. Light winds SE.

On mooring at Paradise Resort Taviuni

Sun Jul 16 8:37 2017 NZST
Run: 12.7nm (23km)

We finally moved! But not far. We went 11 miles to Paradise resort on Taviuni Island to do some exploring in the next day or so...

All is well

Tue Jul 11 7:16 2017 NZST
Run: 0.1nm (0.2km)

Still in Viani Bay, Fiji All is well.

Wed Jun 14 7:57 2017 NZST
Run: 21.9nm (39.6km)

Back in Viani Bay... waiting for Swiftsure...

Thu Jun 8 8:18 2017 NZST
Run: 26nm (47.1km)

We are anchored off Qamea Island waiting for a weather window to the Lau Group... Hopefully Saturday...
All is well.

Wed Jun 7 7:44 2017 NZST
Run: 7.7nm (13.9km)

heading to QUEMA Island.
wind 25 knots ESE
1-2 meter seas
bar 1012

Sun Jun 4 16:20 2017 NZST
Run: 59.2nm (107.2km)

Enjoying Viani Bay.... All is well.

Wed May 31 8:00 2017 NZST
Run: 27.4nm (49.6km)
Weather: 1013, calm

Tucked in behind the reef. Asking about SwiftSure who have just reported in near tarawa.

Thu May 25 17:17 2017 NZST
Run: 1277.4nm (2312.1km)

Alive and well in Fiji....

Mon Apr 3 8:33 2017 NZST
Run: 79.9nm (144.6km)

Anchored near Kerikeri. Will be heading to Fiji mid April.

Wed Feb 15 8:12 2017 NZDT
Speed: 6.3knts
Run: 99.2nm (179.6km)
Weather: overcast BAR 1013 wind light and variable S, SE.

on our way to Kawau Island..

There you are catch up some day enjoy the cruising. Hauling out next week then hit the sea again. Yippee
Wed Nov 9 6:18 2016 NZDT
Run: 16.9nm (30.6km)
Avg: 647.2knts
24hr: 15533.6nm

Automated update

Wed Nov 9 6:17 2016 NZDT
Run: 15.9nm (28.8km)

Underway to Whangarei. Should arrive late tday

Tue Nov 8 10:57 2016 NZDT
Run: 13nm (23.5km)

On route to Whangarei. Will anchor along the way this evening.

Wed Nov 2 7:59 2016 NZDT
Run: 100.1nm (181.2km)
Avg: 3.9knts
24hr: 92.8nm

Arrived Opua 2100 - November 1 2016. All is well.

Tue Nov 1 6:06 2016 NZDT
Speed: 6knts
Run: 144.3nm (261.2km)
Avg: 6.1knts
24hr: 147nm
Weather: Bar 1009 (Falling), Wind

Should arrive Opua before 2000 today. at 0615, 76nm to go.

Mon Oct 31 6:32 2016 NZDT
Speed: 6.5knts
Run: 93nm (168.3km)
Avg: 3.8knts
24hr: 91nm
Weather: BAR 1012, wind 12 knots S, cc 40% , temp - freeking cold!, HUM 62% Seas 1.5 meters

Still waiting for the wind to shift, should make Opua in the next 48 hours.

Sun Oct 30 6:00 2016 NZDT
Speed: 31s,174e @ 1800 today, 32s, 174e @ 0700 tomorrow, 33s, 174e @1800 tomorrow, and 34s 174e on 11/01 @ 0700.knts
Run: 119.6nm (216.5km)
Avg: 5knts
24hr: 118.9nm
Weather: BAR 1011, Wind 8-10 knots S, seas

sp: 5.5 We have had some very funky weather over the last 24 hours. I think we may be in your skip zone today, so am requesting a wind forecast for the following positions and time Thank you, Kyle & Shelley

Sat Oct 29 5:51 2016 NZDT
Speed: 6.5knts
Run: 151.7nm (274.6km)
Avg: 6.3knts
24hr: 152.2nm
Weather: BAR 1012, Wind

Have been motoring since 0300. Almost no wind and what wind there is, is from the south....

Fri Oct 28 5:56 2016 NZDT
Speed: 6knts
Run: 145.8nm (263.9km)
Avg: 6.4knts
24hr: 152.9nm
Weather: BAR 1009 (falling), wind 10-12 knots SSE, CC 60%, hum 74%, temp 18c, seas 1.5 meters

Uneventful 24 hours... 488 nm to Opua. Looking at Monday arrival. Would appreciate wind forecast in 24 hours at 29s 179e, 48 hours at 33s 173e, and opua on Monday... Thanks

Thu Oct 27 7:03 2016 NZDT
Speed: 5knts
Run: 125.9nm (227.9km)
Avg: 4.9knts
24hr: 118.6nm
Weather: BAR 1012, Wind SE 8-10 knots, CC 100%, Hum 70%, temp 15c!, seas less than 1 meter.

Was able to sail all night. Seas are calm and it's starting to get FREEKING COLD! Our poor bodies are not used to this....SEND HEAT! 605 nm to Opua.

Wed Oct 26 5:35 2016 NZDT
Speed: 2-3knts
Run: 98.1nm (177.6km)
Avg: 4.2knts
24hr: 100.9nm
Weather: BAR 1013, wind

Lost all wind in the night. have motored and drifted for the last few hours... Any chance of wind today?

Tue Oct 25 6:15 2016 NZDT
Run: 1.1nm (2km)
Weather: BAR 1013, wind 5 knots, CC 90%, seas calm, hum 80%, temp 23c

Underway at 0700. heading to NZ

Mon Oct 24 7:07 2016 NZDT
Speed: 1knts
Run: 1nm (1.8km)
Weather: BAR 1011, wind s 8-10 knots, CC 60%, Hum 64%, Temp 20c, seas flat in the reef.

We think a Tuesday or Wednesday departure from Minerva may work now... waiting on weather...

Sun Oct 23 9:36 2016 NZDT
Speed: 1knts
Run: 2.2nm (4km)
Weather: BAR 1011, wind 15 knots S, CC 20%, Hum 73%, temp 23c, seas calm in the reef.

Today we moved to the south west corner of the reef. The wind has now clocked south and we plan to leave in the morning (Monday) or Tuesday, depending on tomorrow's forecast.

Sat Oct 22 7:14 2016 NZDT
Speed: oknts
Run: 2.4nm (4.3km)
Weather: BAR 1010, wind SE 10-12 knots, CC 65%, Hum 83%, temp 22c, seas in reef - flat.

Still in Minerva. Looking for decent weather on Monday or Tuesday.

Fri Oct 21 8:34 2016 NZDT
Run: 2.5nm (4.5km)
Avg: 2.5knts
24hr: 60.5nm
Weather: breezy, SE, 70%cc, bouncy

will stay at N Minerva today

Fri Oct 21 7:35 2016 NZDT
Speed: 1knts
Run: 0.1nm (0.2km)
Weather: BAR 1013, Wind SSE 20-24 knots, CC 90%, Hum 78%, Temp 22c, Seas - choppy inside the reef.

Waiting in Minerva Reef. One boat may leave today. We think we may stay a few more days. Will wait till the next front passes.

Thu Oct 20 8:29 2016 NZDT
Speed: 1knts
Weather: BAR 1012, wind 20 knots E, CC 100%, seas flat (in the reef), 24c, hum 84%

We are looking for a weather widow to continue to NZ. Our plan is to head for 30S 179E, then turn for Opua.

Wed Oct 19 7:18 2016 NZDT
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 130.6nm (236.4km)
Avg: 6knts
24hr: 143.1nm
Weather: BAR 1014, wind 25 knots E, temp 20c, CC 100% Rain showers, hum 72%

Arrived Minerva reef. We are the third vessel here. One more should arrive in the next few hours.

Tue Oct 18 9:23 2016 NZDT
Speed: 5.6knts
Run: 9.4nm (17km)
Avg: 4.4knts
24hr: 104.6nm
Weather: ese15, sea 1m-1.5m, 1019

113 to N Minerva so have slowed down to enter in the light

Tue Oct 18 7:14 2016 NZDT
Speed: 5.5knts
Run: 152.5nm (276km)
Avg: 6.4knts
24hr: 154.4nm
Weather: Bar 1016, wind 15-20 WSW, seas 1-2 meters SE, CC100%, hum 73%, temp 22c

Rain off and on all night. Made 154nm in first 24 hours. 123 to go to Minerva

Mon Oct 17 7:31 2016 NZDT
Run: 3nm (5.4km)

Automated update

Mon Oct 17 6:17 2016 NZDT
Speed: 1knts
Run: 0.1nm (0.2km)
Weather: BAR1017, Wind SE 12-15 knots, CC 70%, Hum 74%, temp 26c seas - flat in the bay.

Will be departing for Minerva Reef at approximately 0700.

Sat Oct 15 7:30 2016 NZDT
Run: 0.1nm (0.2km)
Weather: BAR 1015, temp 26, wind SSW

looking like a departure at noon on Monday. We think likely a run to Minerva, then wait for the next window. Will confirm plan Monday morning.

Fri Oct 14 7:06 2016 NZDT
Run: 0.1nm (0.2km)
Weather: BAR 1014, CC 20%, Hum 82%, Wind SSE 5 knots. Temp 25c

We are looking at a Sunday or Monday departure for Minerva... Weather?

Thu Oct 13 6:52 2016 NZDT
Weather: BAR 1015, wind 5 knots, hum 90%, CC 0%, seas flat.

Thinking about a window on Sunday or Monday.... Weather thoughts?

Wed Oct 12 7:26 2016 NZDT
Run: 0.1nm (0.2km)
Weather: BAR 1014, Wind 0 knots, CC 100% (Very high clouds), Hum 88%, Seas flat

Storm is over... FLAT seas.. all is well.

Tue Oct 11 7:13 2016 NZDT
Speed: 1knts
Run: 0.1nm (0.2km)
Weather: BAR 1011, Wind 24 knots N, hum 83%, CC 100%, seas choppy

The storm is upon us. Winds are 20-30 knots from the north but all is well.

Mon Oct 10 7:38 2016 NZDT
Speed: 1knts
Weather: BAR 1013, temp 26c, cc 100%, hum 85%, wind 12-15 knots E, occasional rain

Waiting for a ww to NZ - It looks like whatever is coming is on its way....

Sat Oct 8 8:13 2016 NZDT
Run: 0.1nm (0.2km)
Weather: Bar 1017, wind 6 knots, hum 79%, cc 60%,seas - flat

At anchor waiting for weather window to NZ.

Thu Oct 6 6:35 2016 NZDT
Speed: 1knts
Run: 2.9nm (5.2km)
Weather: BAR 1016, WIND 1-2 knots, CC 90%, HUM 86%, SEAS flat

Still waiting in Tonga Tapu.

Wed Oct 5 7:40 2016 NZDT
Run: 3nm (5.4km)
Weather: temp 77f, BAR 1014, Hum 83%, CC 10%, wind

Still waiting for a weather window to Minerva

Tue Oct 4 8:02 2016 NZDT
Speed: 1knts
Weather: BAR 1016, W

We are looking for a weather window to Minerva later this week.

Mon Oct 3 6:38 2016 NZDT
Speed: 1knts
Weather: BAR 1013, Wind 6 knots S, Seas flat, CC 10%, Hum 76%

We are looking for a departure from Tonga Tapu around Wednesday or Thursday this week.. Our hope is to travel to Minerva Reef and wait there for a window to NZ.

Sat Oct 1 7:55 2016 NZDT
Weather: w:SSW 5 knots, BAR 1015, hum:78%, T:78f, 30%CC

At Anchor in Tonga Tapu.

Fri Sep 30 7:42 2016 NZDT
Speed: flat, hum 79%, temp 80f.knts
Weather: w:

Another sunny day!

Thu Sep 29 7:25 2016 NZDT
Speed: flat, still anchored beside a-train.knts
Run: 3nm (5.4km)
Weather: w: S 4-5 knots, 5%cc, BAR 1013, Sea

sp: 0 Another beautiful day in Tonga Tapu. 9 boats in anchorage this morning.

Wed Sep 28 13:54 2016 NZDT

Automated update

Wed Sep 28 13:47 2016 NZDT
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 2.6nm (4.7km)
Weather: Partly overcast with 40%CC. BAR 1010. Wind W 6-8knots. Seas FLAT Anchored beside A-Train.

At anchor in Tonga Tapu. Testing SSB position reporting. Please let me know if I am doing this correctly. Thank you.

Wed Sep 28 8:36 2016 NZDT
Run: 0.5nm (0.9km)

At anchor waiting a weather window to NZ

Tue Sep 27 16:52 2016 NZDT
Speed: -4knts

Automated update

Blowin' Bubbles - Big Mama's - Tonga Tapu