Arrived yesterday in Savusavu Fiji, all cleared in and enjoying Fiji,
Still in Pago Pago harbour, chain caught around a bommie head. Apparently a big one! Diver coming tomorrow to see if he can free us!
Currently in Pago Pago, American Samoa, aiming to sail for Fiji, Savusavu, tomorrow Wednesday 8/8/2018.
arrived Bundaberg 1300 NZST, bio and customs cleared by 1600. During the night before arrival the sky had 100% hazy cloud and the wind clocked thru' north to west and then to SW as predicted, not more than 6 to 8 kts. On arrival the clouds cleared, and didn't come back. Waited until now for the cold front to arrive but nothing experienced, guess it was further east.
all well, 30 miles to Bundaberg, tide just turning in our favour. Thanks for your listening watches and weather info. Will report frontal data later. John
all well on board, motor sailing to get into Bundaberg tomorrow before noon, hopefully.
wind has gone from 18 to 25 down to 8 to 15, sailing whenever we can, hoping to reach Bundaberg Tuesday.
all well. Some thought, the Gfs gribs seem accurate but maybe 6 hours early and are understating the average wind strength by 40%, is this usual. Also looks like another low developing and crossing Tasman with a front reaching to near Hervey Bay by Tuesday plus I can now see the system David mentions around Cairns, but GFS shows on weds not Tuesday, looks to have a lot of activity, would David comment please, thanks, John
passed thru trough last evening at 1700.
all well, happy the wind has filled in. Think we went through the clouds of the start of the front, no rain where we were, but looked to be just starting to rain 20 miles east of us. Light winds all night until 0300 NZST when stayed at 7 kts, enough for us to sail!
all well, motoring since 0600 UTC, waiting for the new winds to arrive.
all well, enjoyed Mahimahi we could last night for supper.on edge of front, we're going too deep into it so tacked to get back on edge, may motor across high then.
all well, front passed winds reducing, report from data at 0600 NZST. Hoping to keep some wind as we cross high, maybe 7 to 8 kn will help conserve fuel.
all well, heading towards some wind as northern route is looking very light.
Trying to conserve fuel since it's looking very light for some days, interested to hear Davids thoughts since I can only get Gfs and Cmc, hoping ec and uk met are giving stronger trades at 25 or 26,
Currently in Bay of Islands Marina, awaiting final jobs to be completed then looking for a weather window to head off to Bundaberg.
arrived opua on Sunday.
Waiting for the wind to back to make haste from cape reign a to Opua
all Good on board. relayed report
1430 utc report
not a good night but wind easing and clouds clearing
Cloud steadily building, was zero to 5% overnight now 85% and looking very grey and heavy ahead, cold front approaching I guess. Gribs show the front moving through a bit more quickly, will try to head East on the start of it which shows being pretty much from S for a few hours then tack to head S by W as best possible, looks like we will not reach Opua until Sunday morning. Looks like winds go li
Th midnight pos 31/170E. Fri midnight 32.5/171.5E
on their way!
approaching Havannah. Motored since mid night
follow them at http://my.yb.tl/exocetstrike/
No blogs available for this yacht.