Fusio

Fusio

Sun Aug 5 17:48 2018 NZST
Speed: 0knts
Run: 69.3nm (125.4km)
17 46.389s 177 11.111e
Weather: Fine and sunny with lots wind 20kn S

After spending a fabulous couple of weeks in the Yasawas, we headed back to Lautoka for a dentist appointment that was finally successful and then onto Musket Cove where we have had friends, Brett and Jann stay for a few days. The weather has been fantastically windy and we have been kiting most days. Yesterday, we were kiting with whales which was an awesome experience. Brett and Jann are now staying in the Musket Resort and head home on Thursday, so we will take them into Denarau and we will then be catching up with Team Huggett. Looking forward to that!! We intend to head to Noumea end of August.

Tue Jul 24 16:42 2018 NZST
Speed: 0knts
Run: 30.9nm (55.9km)
16 48.518s 177 28.475e
Weather: Fine and sunny with no wind

After spending a couple of days with the Mantarays, we headed up to Blue Lagoon and had 3 days of great kiting with the Guys off Joli Fou, Roxanne and Mustang Sally. The wind has disappeared for a few days so have headed further up the Yasawas and are staying in a gorgeous secluded bay with lots of pretty coral and fish. We are still waiting for my second dentist appointment, so until that is established we will enjoy the Yasawas and the wind that is meant to turn up on Thursday.

Tue Jul 17 12:45 2018 NZST
Speed: 6.5nnknts
Run: 67.8nm (122.7km)
17 10.365s 177 12.164e
Weather: Fine and not a cloud in the sky

We have been at Musket Cove for a while and have just said goodbye to Julie and Celia who have been on board. It?s been great catching up with a Bruce and Lyn from Jolie Fou and Grant and Jude from Blinder and lots of others. We met some new friends, Tom and Lynn from Roxanne. Tom gave me a go on his foiling kite board behind the back of his dingy, which was a new experience for me. Totally different from normal kiting, but lots of fun trying. Last night we stayed at Mana Island and now we are anchoring at Mantaray passage, hoping to see the Mantarays. We intend heading up to Blue Lagoon in the next couple of days hoping for some wind and maybe go even further up the Yasawas.

Tue Jun 26 17:21 2018 NZST
Speed: 0knts
17 19.513s 178 13.041e
Weather: Fine and windy with 15-20E

We are still at Nananu-i-ra and enjoying the kiting. The wind is slowly building and the kite size is getting smaller. Whistler and ourselves did go out for dinner at Wananavu Resort on Saturday to watch France get dicked. Great game and good food.

Fri Jun 22 12:09 2018 NZST
Run: 59.7nm (108.1km)
17 19.515s 178 13.051e

We keft Namena on Wenesday and tried to sail to Makogai with our Geneka, but ended up having to motor most of the way. We stayed only one night in Makogai, because there was too much sea lice in the water. We had a smooth ride going to Nananu-i-ra, absolutely no wind, so we made water, beer, did clothes washing and cleaning the boat inside and out while we motored. Its lovely to be back here snd see that the effects of cyclone Winstone have gone. Lots of greenery and building going on. We went for a big paddle board this morning, because it was nice and still, but there is lots of wind in the forecast, so we are looking forward to getting into some kite boarding, along with our friends from Whistler.

Hi guys SF back in the water yesterday so busy cleaning weekend and we’ll try and leave on next window. Moonfish and Kittiwake left yesterday. All sounds so good up there. Glad you have found new wind/playmates
Wed Jun 20 7:45 2018 NZST
Speed: 0knts
Run: 24.5nm (44.3km)
17 06.693s 179 05.635e
Weather: Fine, but cloudy with 12kn E

We had a lovely sail yesterday from Savusavu to Namenai. We didn?t dive, but had a nice snorkel around. I think we are heading off to Makogai today with a couple of other boats.

Sun Jun 17 8:09 2018 NZST
Run: 117nm (211.8km)
Avg: 3.4knts
24hr: 81.3nm
16 48.553s 179 17.285e
Weather: Fine, 30% cloud. Bar 1015

We spent a couple of days at Duff reef kite boarding in the most amazing warm aqua blue water. The kiting was great even though we were on an offshore situation, but the anchorage was a bit rolly at high tide. Both SV Whislter and ourselves decided to do an overnighter to Cousteau, (Savusavu), making the most of the wind. We had a great sail, the wind was beam on all day and night apart from the last two hours, we motored, making water and powering up. We intend to rest up today (being a Sunday) and then cruise on in to the market and get provisions for the next journey.

Fri Jun 15 21:36 2018 NZST
Speed: 0knts
Run: 23.7nm (42.9km)
16 50.375s 178 56.645w
Weather: Fine with the odd shower and wind 15kn SE

We spent 5 days in Vanuabalavu which was amazing. Lots of swimming, snorkelling and paddle boarding. We met lots of lovely cruisers and are travelling with a couple from Canada - Monty and Marge off Whistler. We had a great sail and are currently anchored in a Reef Called Duff Reef. A tiny little island with 2 palm trees. We went for a kite this afternoon - flat aqua water, one of the best kiting spots we have ever been in and have just come back from having dinner on Whistler. Fabulous day.

Hi guys - sounds fantastic- hi from us to Monty and Marge - met them in the Ha’apai’S last season Cold back here not missing too much
Sun Jun 10 9:15 2018 NZST
Speed: 0knts
Run: 112.8nm (204.2km)
17 10.552s 179 01.006w
Weather: Fine and very hot

After spending a few days at Savusavu, catching up with a few boaties, we got our Cruising Permit and we headed to Cousteau Resort for some snorkelling and lazing around. Yesterday we headed for the Northern Lau Group. We knew we weren?t going to get anywhere before dark, so we did a very slow overnighter and arrived in Vanuabalavu this morning at 0600hrs. What a fabulous place with lots of little mushroom Islands everywhere. We are anchored in 5 meters of crystal clear water. Just heading out for a paddle board to have a look around. Paradise!!

Yayyyyy so glad you guys have got to that gorgeous island paradise!! Isn't it amazing..... just love it! Put up some pics on here would love to see it again! We heading off end of June as Tha Wallace may have mentioned.... lucky you guys see you soon x xx

Great place. We were there last year at the time we won the America’s cup. Look out for the hidden lagoon. Enjoy.
Mon Jun 4 9:24 2018 NZST
Run: 63.2nm (114.4km)
Avg: 3.9knts
24hr: 93.6nm
16 46.664s 179 19.715e
Weather: Fine and very hot

We motored for the last 6 hours making water, washing down the boat and clothes washing. All those normal things you do early hours of the morning. Arrived into Savusavu about 0200hrs and slept. We are now waiting for customs, immigration, bio security and health to turn up before we are cleared into Fiji. Not too hard really with fresh hot meals and hot showers every night with very little diesel burnt. Now we can moan about how hot and sticky it is. Nice to be here though.

Heard from Stu and Lel that you were on the way. Well done. Enjoy the warmth. Cheers, Theo and Pam.
Sun Jun 3 17:12 2018 NZST
Speed: 5.5nknts
Run: 74.6nm (135km)
Avg: 11.8knts
24hr: 284.2nm
17 41.171s 179 26.594e
Weather: Cloudy but fine, smooth seas 11.8kn NE

The wind has finally calmed down and we have 11.8kn NE. A nice gentle sail to do all our clean up, washing down all the salt that had been coming over the boat. It has been nice passing all the surrounding Islands. We still haven?t seen a soul during either of our passages, but I?m sure that will change during the night. We should arrive into Savusavu sometime around 0200hrs. Yippee!

Wow good for you guys - sounded a bit rougher than normal this year - so am sure your glad to be finally there!! We have been watching weather & it certainly looked a bit messy for you during the last part..... So we have been delayed a little as only getting boat out on 18 , as awaiting a part....😰 Now looking at a departure date of 28th to Savusavu. Will keep in touch. Have fun xxxx
Sun Jun 3 10:54 2018 NZST
Speed: 7.5nknts
Run: 116.3nm (210.5km)
Avg: 6.2knts
24hr: 148.5nm
18 43.280s 179 45.909e
Weather: Raining most of the night with winds between 20-34 kn NE. 1 m NE swell. Messy sea. Bar 1011

After downloading weather grips that said maximum 20 kn NE, we set our sails, but probably could have done with another Reef in the main, hence to say it was a bit of a wild ride. It was raining most of the night with winds between 25-34 kn NE and a very messy sea and lots of water coming over the canopy. We are currently passing Islands connected to the Lau Group and daylight is making everything a bit more comfortable. We will probably make Savusavu later this evening. (A corrected position for this morning)

Sun Jun 3 6:24 2018 NZST
Speed: 7.5nknts
Weather: Raining most of the night with winds between 20-34 kn NE. 1 m NE swell. Messy sea. Bar 1011

After downloading weather grips that said maximum 20 kn NE, we set our sails, but probably could have done with another Reef in the main, hence to say it was a bit of a wild ride. It was raining most of the night with winds between 25-34 kn NE and a very messy sea and lots of water coming over the canopy. We are currently passing Islands connected to the Lau Group and daylight is making everything a bit more comfortable. We will probably make Savusavu later this evening.

You didn't put a position, probably a bit tired hey? We are feeling your pain. That big low has caused more effect to its north east than expected and seems a lot of boats from NZ have been caught out by it. I'm sure you're going to be very happy to arrive in Savu Savu, looks like the weather will hopefully improve for your last day.

I know you will be looking forward to Savusavu beer sleep and sun. Can’t wait until we are there with the Milk Truck lol.
Sat Jun 2 16:06 2018 NZST
Speed: 8.0nnknts
Run: 76.9nm (139.2km)
Avg: 7.9knts
24hr: 190.3nm
20 17.960s 179 36.898w
Weather: Raining steadily. 22kn NE.

Raining steadily with 22kn NE winds. Stay Sail out with Reef in the main. We nearly had to get our wet weather gear out. Thank goodness for canopies.

Sound like things might have got a tad serious for a while! Wet weather gear!?
Sat Jun 2 6:24 2018 NZST
Speed: 5.5nnknts
Run: 89.1nm (161.3km)
Avg: 6.2knts
24hr: 148nm
21 22.245s 179 17.680w
Weather: drizzly and has been raining. 18.5kn NE. 1m E swell. Bar 1015

A nasty NE wind unexpectedly turned up st about 1900hrs ranging between 25-13kn. The NE was predicted for later Sunday. We furled up our stay sail and have had an uncomfortable night of bashing into it and not going very fast. I?m sure we will have a decent sleep when we get to Fiji.

Hi guys, sounds like your bashing your way through the last leg - enjoy a well earned rest soon :-). I look forward to seeing you in Fiji next week...Cheers Brett.
Fri Jun 1 15:57 2018 NZST
Speed: 8.0nknts
Run: 64.8nm (117.3km)
Avg: 8.9knts
24hr: 213nm
22 38.800s 179 05.460w
Weather: cloudy but warm and looking black ahead. 20kn E

We are having a nice sail with 20kn E winds. It?s a bit cloudy, but warm and looking a bit black ahead of us. We have put out the stay sail instead of the Genoa and have reefed the main. It is meant to get windier tomorrow.

🖒 sounds like you're well prepared... bases covered. Well done team xx

Hi guys glad you're missing the cold aaand its going to be wet this w/end!! we're a bit envious have fun and stay safe Stu
Fri Jun 1 8:39 2018 NZST
Speed: 7.5nknts
Run: 8.7nm (15.7km)
23 34.460s 178 56.489w
Weather: fine

After having a nice respite and a few beers with the crew from a big motor launch called WILL, we are leaving North Minerva now and it looks like it?s going to be good wind - 18kn E winds and half m swells. Yay!!

Thu May 31 6:18 2018 NZST
Speed: 7.5knts
Run: 114nm (206.3km)
Avg: 8knts
24hr: 192.7nm
23 41.340s 178 59.906w
Weather: fine with 10% cloud cover 12kn ESE. Half m E swell. Bar 1019

Another good night of sailing with full main and reefed Genoa. 12kn ESE winds (beam on) perfect conditions with very little swell. We are coming into North Minerva Reef now and the sun is just about to come up - perfect timing. This part of the journey has seen us use about 3 hours motor time. We intend to stay here for one or two nights before heading to Savusavu in Fiji.

Sounds like a Great run up with good breeze most of the way.Hope the weather is fine and sunny with little wind.Dont take too many bugs Cheers

Hi guys. Have only just realised I needed to find your page again. The full moon is gorgeous tonight. enjoy Minerva and being able to sleep at the same time !!
Wed May 30 16:06 2018 NZST
Speed: 9knts
Run: 79.3nm (143.5km)
Avg: 8.2knts
24hr: 196.2nm
25 07.300s 179 53.800w
Weather: fine with 20% cloud cover 18kn SE

A fabulous day of sailing with full main and Genoa. 18kn SE winds (beam on) perfect conditions with 1 meter swell. We should reach Minerva Reef about midnight tonight. We are hoping for a full moon and clear skies to manoeuvre into Minerva. Looking forward to sleeping in a real bed with little movement.

yeehah the fusios
Wed May 30 6:24 2018 NZST
Speed: 7.0nknts
Run: 103.8nm (187.9km)
Avg: 7.2knts
24hr: 173nm
26 08.560s 179 31.435e
Weather: fine with 20% cloud cover. 16knots E. Half m se swell.

We sailed all night apart from a couple of hours where we motored because the wind had died and it was coming from behind. Fortunately the wind moved around to the east and now we are sailing nicely with 16kn (beam on). The most comfortable we have been since we started out.

Not far now guys
Tue May 29 16:00 2018 NZST
Speed: 7.0nknts
Run: 76.6nm (138.6km)
Avg: 8.6knts
24hr: 205.4nm
27 30.440s 178 49.315e
Weather: fine

Another day of leisurely sailing with SSE winds 20-30 knots. We have only the main sail up as we will not get to Minerva Reef by sunset tomorrow. We thought about going straight to Savusavu, but would get pinged with extra costs being a weekend. We are stopping at Minerva for a night or two.

Nice going. We’ve checked into Savusavu Saturday at 6 pm and no extra charges at all. In the bar by 7 watching rugby🤣
Tue May 29 7:03 2018 NZST
Speed: 6.8 nknts
28 31.900s 178 20.533e
Weather: fine with 30% cloud. 16.7 SE winds. Seas have calmed to a 1 m swell.

another night of sailing under a full moon. The pace is a bit slower than when we left NZ, around 6-7knots, but still making good ground with 16 kn SE winds. The sea has settled down a bit, with about 1 m swell. Sleeping is getting easier too, although not awake enough to realise I put SW in my first report rather than SE.

GOOD ON YOU GUYS, THE REST OF THE FLET ARE HOT ON YOUR TRAIL, AS THEY ALL LEFT YESTERDAYS. Happy sailing sound like your doing well. Is it getting warmer yet?? Xx
Tue May 29 6:24 2018 NZST
Speed: 6.8 nknts
Run: 99.9nm (180.8km)
Avg: 7knts
24hr: 167.1nm
28 31.900s 178 20.533e
Weather: fine with 30% cloud. 16.7 SSW winds. Seas have calmed to a 1 m swell.

another night of sailing under a full moon. The pace is a bit slower than when we left NZ, around 6-7knots, but still making good ground with 16 kn SSW winds. The sea has settled down a bit, with about 1 m swell. Sleeping is getting easier too.

Mon May 28 16:03 2018 NZST
Speed: 6.8 nknts
Run: 72.6nm (131.4km)
Avg: 7.7knts
24hr: 185.4nm
29 54.670s 177 50.763e

We motored for a couple of hours allowing us to charge up and make some water before the wind came back up and we have been sailing ever since. Not quite as quick as before, but a bit more comfortable. Still big 2-3 SW swells making the boat rock around a bit. We have been catching up on some sleep today, hoping for another good night.

Good stuff team. Hope you're getting warmer temps. Love and hugs xx
Mon May 28 6:39 2018 NZST
Speed: 7.5nknts
Run: 129.7nm (234.8km)
Avg: 8.9knts
24hr: 214.7nm
30 56.714s 177 37.967e
Weather: cloudy with the odd shower 16 SSW winds. Half m swells. Bar

The wind seems to be dying. We have been sailing all night, but half an hour ago, we started motoring as the wind is nearly directly behind us. Sleeping is getting easier as we get used to the motion again.

Looks like you have made good time. Thinking of you guys, stay safe. We are in Koh Samui Thailand. 30 degrees, sunny with the odd shower. What is your eta for Minerva reef? L. Us
Sun May 27 16:09 2018 NZST
Speed: 8.0 nknts
Run: 88.1nm (159.5km)
Avg: 9.7knts
24hr: 232.4nm
32 38.510s 176 41.270e

A fabulous days sailing with SW winds between 20-30knots. We have been sailing just with the main sail until mid morning when we put up the stay sail. Cruising between 6-14knots. The boat is still rolling around a lot, but we are getting used to it. We have had a number of Albatross circling most of the day. They are awesome to watch. Hoping for a better night sleep tonight.

Sun May 27 7:03 2018 NZST
Speed: 8 nknts
Run: 166.2nm (300.8km)
Avg: 8.8knts
24hr: 211nm
33 49.039s 176 05.965e
Weather: 70% cloud, but fine. 23kn SW winds. 2-3 m SW swell. Bar 1019

A great night sailing travelling between 6-13knots with winds between 20-34kn SW winds. Not great sleep with the boat rolling around, but making good ground tho and it?s always a relief to get the first night over with. Looking forward to more sailing today.

Wally says ........ have a great trip and he's happy you have the 'Extra" fuel to get to Minerva before everyone else!!!!! Ha ha ha happy sailing xx

Heyyyyy your off...... fantastic,bet its a bit cold out there tho! 5 days to start of winter argghhhh so good time to get gone eh! Safe sails and look forward to catching you up soon! Thinking of you both xxx

Great to see you making good time. Wish we were out there again this year. Have a good trip.
Sat May 26 12:09 2018 NZST
Speed: 8 nknts
Run: 31.9nm (57.7km)
35 52.169s 174 34.365e
Weather: fine but very cold, S wind 25kn

Just leaving Marsden Cove Marina heading for Minerva reef. A rough ride out of Whangarei, but a nice southerly breeze to start our voyage on. We will not miss the cold, but we will miss our friends & family.

Sat May 26 11:54 2018 NZST
Speed: 8 nknts
No position sent.
Weather: fine but very cold, S wind 25kn

Just leaving Marsden Cove Marina heading for Minerva reef. A rough ride out of Whangarei, but a nice southerly breeze to start our voyage on. We will not miss the cold, but we will miss our friends & family.

Mon May 21 17:27 2018 NZST
Run: 95.5nm (172.9km)
36 17.333s 174 48.703e
Weather: showers nw winds

we are anchored in Leigh Harbour, waiting for the NW winds to turn SW to head further north. We are hoping to leave for Fiji in the next week.

No blogs available for this yacht.