GALACSEA II

GALACSEA II

Fri Oct 28 20:06 2016 NZDT
Run: 908.2nm (1643.8km)
Avg: 5.5knts
24hr: 131.8nm

Arrived in Bundaberg yesterday morning. Passage in little less than 5 days. Great 18-23 knts winds from SE first 2.5 days, then dead calm. Had to motor about half the time. Enjoying Bundaberg, Downunder rally company, and looking forward to upcoming events. Clearance and quarantine super easy & friendly. Nothing unexpected.

Fri Oct 21 22:44 2016 NZDT
Run: 3.5nm (6.3km)

Heading to Bundaberg tomorrow oct 22. Weather forecasts look good for ETA around late thursday oct 27.

Sun Oct 16 11:02 2016 NZDT
Run: 257.5nm (466.1km)

We're back on YIT after a great few months in Vanuatu. Now in New Caledonia, getting ready to head to Australia. Landfall will be at Bundaberg as we are going along with the Down Under Rally with John Hembrow and some other 40 boats.

Thu Jul 21 13:24 2016 NZST
Run: 355.6nm (643.6km)
Avg: 2.8knts
24hr: 67.8nm

Arrived anatom monday night 2am, (5.5 days from opua) w/o confirmation that we could clear in. Went ashore in the morning to meet super friendly officials - immigration, bio, customs, even tho no cruise ship in sight. Yesterday, attended opening & celebration of Anatom as new port of entry. Will become effective very soon. Need to recruit staff locally. Passage was uneventful and fast with a lot of motoring due to poor winds and large swell that kept taking the wind out of the sails. A big thank you to david & patricia who guided us on weather and kept us company throughout the passage. Bio in vanuatu seems limited to promise to keep fruits vegetables & meat on your boat. Enjoying a beautiful anchorage and friendly villagers. Oh, by the way, there are grapefruits here, the same as those in the Marqueses. Delishhhh.

Sat Jul 16 7:34 2016 NZST
Speed: 6.5mknts
Run: 181.2nm (328km)
Avg: 7.6knts
24hr: 181.4nm
Weather: 10S, calm, 1m swell, 65%cc

all well

Fri Jul 15 7:35 2016 NZST
Speed: 7knts
Run: 206.6nm (373.9km)
Avg: 8.6knts
24hr: 206.5nm
Weather: 80%cc, SW20

hard to hear today

Thu Jul 14 7:35 2016 NZST
Speed: 5knts
Run: 334.7nm (605.8km)
Avg: 7.6knts
24hr: 183.4nm
Weather: NE21, confused seas

Tue Jul 12 11:47 2016 NZST
Run: 0.6nm (1.1km)

On our way to Vanuatu. Brave we are. But young at heart beautiful day today.

Tue Jul 12 11:46 2016 NZST
No position sent.

Mon Jul 11 11:05 2016 NZST

OK, past the 6, past the 8, past the 11th ...now the 12th? The waves out there seem daunting. Unsure of what to do. But big thanks to YIT/ David and Patricia for all of their precious weather forecasts work and info.

Thu Jul 7 9:48 2016 NZST
Run: 0.1nm (0.2km)

Still waiting for a window to Vanuatu. Hesitating between tomorrow Friday July 8 and Monday July 11.... Frustrating

We're also in Opua, waiting to go North (probably New Caledonia, but who knows at this point). We're on the F dock and would love to meet you. I'll try to come by tomorrow (if you don't head out tomorrow, that is). Rich and Cyndi on Legacy - can't miss us - two blue stripes at the top of the mast.
Tue Jun 28 15:10 2016 NZST

Standing by in Opua marina for a weather window to sail to Vanuatu.

No blogs available for this yacht.