At anchor Savusavu. Off to labasa to the dentist .
After a cracker of a day we lost the wind at 19.00 NZ time and gained a knot of negative current. Wind coming back up this morning.
All well on board. One more big sleep til roast lamb!
Raw water cooling pump has failed. Graeme will try to locate problem/ solution when he comes on watch at 21.00UTC. Will find out then whether engine functional or not.
2.5 knot negative current all night. Now very little current and hoping for the NE to kick in! All well on board.
hope to reach Opua Sunday evening December 3. I haven't put our position in as thought with GH closing on Nov 23 there was no point! All is well on board.
2 knot counter current all night and still with us!
beautiful night with large full moon lighting our way.
286 to isle de Pins
We made the decision to detour to New Caledonia. We are not fast enough to get into Noumea before the gale so although disappointed not to arrive with our mates we are relieved not to be stressing over each knot of speed and a looming deadline. David's opinions were very useful! Cheers, Rebecca
current of 1 knot against us through yesterday pm and last night. We can't get into Opua before the Gale. We have slowly motored west through the night and are waiting to see if we can come in behind the Gale . Otherwise we will peel off to New Caledonia and wait for more favorable conditions. Cheers, Rebecca
Update 2 hrs later at Gulf Harbour Radio net time, pos 25 24S and 174 10E, course 254T at 3.6. Wind S10, rel calm seas, 20%cc and 1013
do you see a gale hitting NZ Thursday late morning? Hope I got the full stops correctly this time. Thanks, Rebecca
All is well on board. Thanks, Rebecca
Is this the correct format? All is well on board. Thanks, Rebecca
all well on board
Clearing Vuda Point tomorrow, Wednesday 9th for Opua.
Not sure how we contact you when on passage. We will be using IridiumGo for any communications other than ssb in the mornings. The problem is we don't have your email address to send emails to.
Can you please let us know all relevant information to enable this.
Graeme & Rebecca
s/v Listowel Lady
Leaving Vuda Point Fiji about noon today for Opua, NZ. Can send/ receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll radio our position on the morning net the tomorrow.
Rebecca and Graeme
No blogs available for this yacht.