So we made it!
Tied up in our berth which will be our location for the next 4 months or so and just before the weather caught us out.
Sunny trip Soth to the Gold Coast. ETA is between 16.00-17.00
Arrived in Mooloolaba after a tranquil night sail, off early with the high tide tomorrow to Mirage marina
Light breeze, close hauled on Port tack
Off again! Next stop is Mooloolaba Marina for one night, ETA is 9am tomorrow morning.
Its been a busy few days since we arrived in Bundaberg fixing our broken parts but we are now ready to head south! Looking forwards to getting tied up in our Cyclone proof berth in Mirage Marina on the gold coast!
After a wet and windy dockage and getting through the paperwork we can now relax! Australian authorities we really friendly and helpful. So we can say that the first leg of our journey is DONE! We have some maintenance to do before the next leg down south to the Gold coast in about a week. The Yankee needs stitching and the mainsail outhaul needs a repair but everything else is all good.
Not the sunny welcome to AUS that we were hoping for, squally and windy beat up to the channel to get into port Bundaberg. Fortified with our steaming Fresh Croissants! Our ETA is now 2.5hrs away. Just the customs and immigration paperwork to get through next!
A beautiful day today, light wind and sea behind us, 85 miles to our next way point and 132 miles to go in total. The forecast is for showers later with the wind coming onto the nose. Just had dinner onboard and all looking forwards to our arrival tomorrow morning, current ETA is about 10am unless we get held up with wind or current.
Calmer night last night, motor sailed. Light winds now with sunny skies, feels like we are getting there!
Its been a rolly day, not very comfortable with the sea off the stern port quarter. Getting better now so we are hoping to get a good nights sleep tonight! Just finished dinner (Pasta parcels with tomato sauce and garlic bread!) Yellow brick tracker is dying. I am still making twice daily posts to it, are they getting onto the internet? Can someone post a comment below and let me know?
rough night heading to our waypoint North of the Kelso bank, hoping the seas will ease the further we get away from it. Fitful sleep for us all but all well on board.
its been another good day for making passage and have been making great speed, got a current with us for the moment, currently cruising at 10knots on a reach, time to start cooking dinner, fish and red skin chips with mashed wasabi peas!
Passed a calm night motor sailing, still making good overall speed.
Unfortunately our Yellow Brick tracker has developed a problem with its internal battery so our web tracking line might be broken up on the Meari YB web page (
Wind has filled in this afternoon after a calm morning, making great speed and have just had dinner, all well onboard
and we are off! Weather forecast looks good for our trip apart from a front coming up the Australian coast that we are watching
All set to leave New Cal tomorrow morning. The sun has come back and it's a perfect afternoon on the anchor
All set to leave tomorrow morning, hope the weather stays as nice as it was today!
Getting ready to Leave Noume on Wednesday for our trip to Bundaberg which should take about 4-5 days
No blogs available for this yacht.