Navigator1

Navigator1

Mon Oct 16 7:46 2017 NZDT
Run: 234.9nm (425.2km)
Avg: 5knts
24hr: 119.6nm

We have made it to Bundaberg safe and well. Currently at the marina. Thank you both for the coverage and forecasting...

Sat Oct 14 8:38 2017 NZDT
Speed: 4.5knts
Run: 153.8nm (278.4km)
Avg: 6.4knts
24hr: 153.7nm
Weather: E10,

on passage to bundaberg and hoping to arrive before too much troughing so the pedal is to the metal!

Fri Oct 13 8:36 2017 NZDT
Speed: 4knts
Run: 237nm (429km)
Weather: 10 wind, 1, seas, 30%cc, 1019

Hard to hear but did hear all well on board on their way to Aus

Sun Oct 8 7:29 2017 NZDT
Speed: 5.5knts
Run: 229.5nm (415.4km)
Avg: 4.9knts
24hr: 117.4nm

At 071630 they were 90 miles from Chesterfield Reef. They will be there enjoying the bird life for the next couple of days. Thanks Peter at Maritime Radio for the report.

Navigator now at Chesterfield reef and will be there for a few days before heading to Bundaberg Thursday or Friday. Due to arrive Sunday or Monday next week.
Fri Oct 6 8:33 2017 NZDT
Speed: 6.5knts
Run: 185.3nm (335.4km)
Avg: 7.7knts
24hr: 185.6nm
Weather: SE20+, 2m se swell, 40%cc, 1019st

Plan is to stay a few hours at Huon so that their arrival at Chesterfield will be in daylight Monday. Bravo will be coming in behind them.

Thu Oct 5 8:35 2017 NZDT
Speed: 7knts
Run: 175.8nm (318.2km)
Weather: SE20 g 25, 2.5m swell, 40%cc, 1019

Sounds good and crew enjoyed the moon last night. heading to Chesterfield then Bundy. Left yesterday afternoon from Luganville bound to Bundaberg

They saved enough of my cooked meals for the trip so will be well fed much better seas and conditions this time all good
Fri Sep 8 7:53 2017 NZST
Run: 228.5nm (413.6km)

Lamen Bay and moving to Malakula for the wind change

Tue Aug 22 7:33 2017 NZST
Run: 143.8nm (260.3km)
Avg: 6knts
24hr: 143.7nm
Weather: SE15, 50%cc

Yee Ha. They are 3nm off the corner to enter Port resolution. They slowed the boat down to have daylight for the entry. Quite a few rally boats have left so there will be plenty of room. GPS is off so no exact position. They must be saving power. Hopefully Cheryl has advised Customs but if not they will sort that out on arrival. Might have to truck over to Lanakai. The sat picture looks like it might be a good clear night for the mountain but then again they might want to sleep.
PS position came in later. Great signal on that boat.

Mon Aug 21 7:32 2017 NZST
Speed: 6knts
Run: 84.3nm (152.6km)
Avg: 6.7knts
24hr: 161.3nm
Weather: clear skies, SW15

The important news is that their eta Tanna is midnight, Cheryl. They have had a fairly sporty weekend with gusts up to 37kt but crew and boat handled it well and Steve sounded quite pleased with all the excitement and the fact that all got handled well. Boat is in good shape. We discussed lanakai but that anchorage is rolly and uncomfortable so better to go to Port resolution. A good many of the raly boats have left to go north so that will leave plenty of space.

Wahoo great trip very fast he will be looking forward to dropping that big anchor and getting a good night's sleep love u baby well done
Sun Aug 20 19:00 2017 NZST
Speed: 5.0knts
Run: 173.9nm (314.8km)
Avg: 7.2knts
24hr: 172.1nm

from NZ Maritime radio. All well on board.

Spoke to NZ Maritime boat under New Cal all good boat and crew doing well
Sat Aug 19 18:45 2017 NZST
Speed: 6knts
Run: 92.8nm (168km)
Avg: 8.2knts
24hr: 197.9nm

Position via NZ Maritime Radio. 1845 Sat night. Patricia cannot work out how to change the date and time!

Sat Aug 19 7:30 2017 NZST
Speed: 6knts
Run: 186.8nm (338.1km)
Avg: 7.8knts
24hr: 187.5nm
Weather: SW15-20 gusting last night to 35m swells were 3-4m, clear sk

now preparing for a couple of days of stronger winds. crew all OK and they are making good progress.

For those watching YIT have a day off on Sunday but Maritime radio advise they have heard from Steve last night and all good on board another 80 miles done from am to pm yesterday so still trucking along at a good pace. I will update again at 5pm oz time tonight

Breaking news for Steve and ozi crew All Blacks annihilate wallabies 54 to 34 in first Bledisloe cup Steve will be happy crew unhappy

Hi Uncle Steve, Auntie Sheryll sent mum this link, so we will be following your trip, safe journey x

Hey Steve.....you can come back now, we are almost over the flue! Will be watching the All Blacks this arvo from the comfort of the Right Honerable Mr Smiths lounge room. Stay Safe, Daz & Shaz.

Weather challenging but good news is that they are now close to Isle of Pines and may be able to get radio signal to listen to the Bledsoe cup GO the ALLBLACKS

Pages

Fri Aug 18 7:35 2017 NZST
Speed: 7knts
Run: 215.4nm (389.9km)
Avg: 9knts
24hr: 215.6nm
Weather: 2.5m seas, o/c, NNW20

All well as got more sleep last night. Did a 175 mile day. Apologies from Patricia who made an error in the longitude yesterday. I was trying to work out how come they had done so many miles. Not a problem with the computer program. I put in 168 instead of 158! They have been advised to eat your food today Cheryl as tomorrow swell will be 3.5m so just as well the sea sick crew is now OK.

Awesome news boat flying making great progress. great Mark now OK.
Thu Aug 17 7:37 2017 NZST
Speed: 6knts
Run: 170.9nm (309.3km)
Avg: 7.1knts
24hr: 170.9nm
Weather: 2m seas, 20-25NW

keeping busy. Caught 1 bonito. One crew is a bit sea sick but otherwise all well. Conditions look like they will get a bit sporty next monday

Wed Aug 16 7:37 2017 NZST
Speed: 6knts
Weather: NW20, clear skies

Great signal from their radio. You were right Cheryl!. All well on board

No blogs available for this yacht.