Cleared in to Opua this morning. Back to work tomorrow!
Wind Dropped away overnight again. Motor Sailing now close hauled to head wind. Received "The Rock FM" on the radio this morning :) About 100nm to go to Opua
Wind Dropped away overnight. Motor Sailing. Crew now hiding under blankets..what a frenchie.. :) Awesome Meteor shower last night. Only 200miles to go to Opua.
Went through the front yesterday afternoon, a bit of rain. Not much wind today. Getting colder and colder...the skipper is hiding under his blankets, what a kiwi.
No wind last night. Motored since 8pm. Rain at about 4am. Motor off now, sailing again with 10knt NW breeze. Its getting cold...down to 20*C!! Brrrrrr.
No wind last night, starting the motor this morning
Great Sailing. Wind dropping through the night. Skys clearing. Skipper made a fantastic Banana cake that got mysteriously eaten by what i suspect were french pestilence during the night..
Great Sailing. Finally got the Frenchie out of bed after her bout of initial Mal de Mer.
Nice sailing conditions. Wind dropped overnight no nothing, but picked up early this morning.
Departed Nukualofa 10am Yesterday. Great breeze/sea for first day. looks like a 120ml day! All is good
Pre departure test, Leaving Nukualofa this afternoon.
We arre here!!! Sitting on quarantine dock in Nukualofa
Lovely calm night of motor sailing. 'Eua sighted at daybreak about 25 miles away. Hoping to be tied up on quarantine dock by approx 1700 this afternoon.
Northerlies dropped away to nothing overnight, so still just motoring on a glassy rolly sea. Absolutely Lovely today, refitted the ventilators as the cabin temp got up over 30*C, I saw a whale blow on the horizon this morning, Myriam was totally bummed not to see it, I told her it was because she was vegetarian. All is good.
Started engine yesterday morning, ran all day/night with <5knt Easterly. Then it shifted to 10+Knt Northerly at daybreak so tacked over to run approx. East. Myriam very excited to see her first flying fish of the trip.
No wind all night. Very slow progress. All is well.
Another slow night, wind still light from the SSE for the most part. Had a strong w/sw blow come through at about 6am with an air temp drop of about 20*C! it was odd putting all the warm and woolly wet weather gear back on. All is good, Myriam is cooking up a storm again :)
Slow lazy night with messy seas left over from the front, and also a large SE swell annoyingly knocking the wind out of the sails every minute or so. Lovely day tho. water temp is up to 23*!! Slow going, but both still smiling :)
The front hit us early last night with 20-25knt northerlies, then lots of rain thru the night, and then a swing around to 30nt ne this morning, and now 10-15 west and the rain has stopped and blue sky is winning over the clouds. We hove too all night, did a big circle of slow drift on the chaft plotter, and have got back underway in the last hour heading about NNE with sloppy seas.
Wind died and swung round in front of us about midnight, so dropped headsails and hove to on main to wait it out. Halo round moon last night, so forcast front is surely on its way. Woke up to high cloud and slight rain with building cumulostratus out to the western horizon.
Made good time yesterday with brisk SSE, then lost wind overnight. Has filled in again this morning with more low cloud about than yesterday. Crossed the dateline, YAY!
Fantastic sailing thru the night! Perfect sea state and wind conditions had us on a broad reach boosting along at over 7knts for a while! very happy with the old girl. By midnight we were down to the staysail, half the genoa, and 3rd reef in the main, and happily sitting on 5.5knts rest of night. Yeehaa! Sea getting lumpy now of course.
Bit of a slow night, wind dropped right away to very light from the southwest, but still with substantial swell/chop, so slow going. Wind has picked back up to nearly usable this morning.
We've got wind! and not just from Myriams' cooking :) Got the big boy out up the front, and a couple of reefs in the main. Very pleasant sailing.
All good. Slow going overnight. not much wind. Motor Sailed thru the night... still rollin rollin rollin..
All good. Slow going today tho with not much wind from right up our jacksee.. rollin rollin rollin..
Lovely Sailing. Great first night out.
All ready to go, have decided to delay departure until next week due to developing low forcast to form in our path.
Systems test. on dock in Opua. Departing tomorrow
Arrived in opua on Thursday morning. Great trip. Thanks to Gulf Harbour Radio and yit.
220nm to opua
got the wind at 10pm after motoring all day
60m south of Nukualofa. Thanks for relay to Pilgrim
departing today for Opua
No blogs available for this yacht.