Oyaragh

Oyaragh

Fri Nov 21 21:34 2014 NZDT
Speed: 0knts
Run: 53.8nm (97.4km)
Avg: 3.9knts
24hr: 92.9nm
35 17S 174 09E
Weather: light and variable wind

on the Quarantine Dock in Opua! Eating all the fresh remaining produce so it doesn't get confiscated by bio security...surprisingly the only survivors are 1 cucumber 3 onions and 6 heads of garlic...we're gonna be smelling good tonight!


Fri Nov 21 7:40 2014 NZDT
Speed: 6.3 motor sailingknts
Run: 118.3nm (214.1km)
Avg: 4.9knts
24hr: 117.6nm
34 31S 173 59E
Weather: light and variable wind, 20% cloud, Baro 1024

40 miles to bay of islands!!! ETA 17:00 today!! There will be a great feasting of surplus supplies on the Quarantine dock tonight before we are re-released into NZ society tommorow! Thank you so much to Patricia and David for all your help with weather, keeping the family updated and generally being a familiar friendly voice whilst we were out here. Have a great summer and hopefully speak again next season if not before:)


Thu Nov 20 7:32 2014 NZDT
Speed: 3.9knts
Run: 119.5nm (216.3km)
Avg: 5knts
24hr: 120.3nm
33 12S 172 40E
Weather: 20 knots SW, 20% cloud cover, 2m swell from the SW. Baro 1022

127 miles to go, things have become rather ferrel onboard...wet weather gear is having a full outing and there is a decided fishy smell around...the ocean was kind enough to gift us a tuna and a pair of squalls at the same time last night...caused a slightly less than perfect filleting job. Interestingly tuna went for a purple and white lure moving at 1.5knots( reefed down as squall was almost on us)


Thu Nov 20 7:32 2014 NZDT
Speed: 3.9knts
33 12S 172 40E
Weather: 20 knots SW, 20% cloud cover, 1-2m confused swell from the S-SW. Baro 1022

127 miles to go, things have become rather ferrel onboard...wet weather gear is having a full outing and there is a decided fishy smell around...the ocean was kind enough to gift us a tuna and a pair of squalls at the same time last night...caused a slightly less than perfect filleting job. Interestingly tuna went for a purple and white lure moving at 1.5knots (reefed down as squall was almost on us)


Wed Nov 19 7:42 2014 NZDT
Speed: 5.5knts
Run: 116.3nm (210.5km)
Avg: 4.8knts
24hr: 115.5nm
31 45S 171 33E
Weather: 10 knots S, 60% cloud cover, 1m swell from the S. Baro 1017

231 miles to go, motor sailing but starting to worry re fuel supply probably have enough to motor for another 24hours so gonna turn off and save for the high...at least we have plenty food!!


Tue Nov 18 7:32 2014 NZDT
Speed: 4.5knts
Run: 125.8nm (227.7km)
Avg: 5.3knts
24hr: 126.5nm
30 25S 170 21E
Weather: 10 knots SW 100% cloud cover with light precipitation, 2.5m swell from the NW. Baro 1014.

330 miles to go ETA Friday 21st /Saturday , all well on board...


Mon Nov 17 7:40 2014 NZDT
Speed: 4.8knts
Run: 94.1nm (170.3km)
Avg: 5.1knts
24hr: 123.3nm
28 39S 169 51E
Weather: 15 knots NNW 40% cloud cover, 1m swell from the NW. Baro 1015...it works!

435 miles to go ETA Friday 21st /Saturday , all well on board... Today is the half way point so we are all getting a new water bottle...and I'm even going to treat myself to a celebratory change of underwear!!


Sun Nov 16 13:21 2014 NZDT
Speed: 4.5knts
Run: 111.9nm (202.5km)
Avg: 5.9knts
24hr: 141nm
27 23S 169 17E
Weather: 10 knots NNW 30% cloud cover, less than 0.5m swell from the NW.

516 miles to go ETA Friday 21st /Saturday , all well on board, no fish caught, but did break a 300lb line overnight! Nonetheless lots off food in the stores. SV Kailani zoomed past in a puff of smoke yesterday eve


Sat Nov 15 18:18 2014 NZDT
Speed: 6knts
Run: 65.7nm (118.9km)
Avg: 6.6knts
24hr: 159.4nm
25 55S 168 31E
Weather: 5 knots ESE 30% cloud cover, confused 2m swell S/SE, barometer still reads 1018..less and less hopeful it's working!

614 miles to go, all well on board, lots of gluttony today-pineapple, aubergine pasta, pan au chocolate and lemon cake!


Sat Nov 15 8:24 2014 NZDT
Speed: 5.5msknts
Run: 129.4nm (234.2km)
Avg: 5.3knts
24hr: 126.6nm
25 03S 168 05E
Weather: 5SE, swell 1m se, 30%cc, 1018

all well on board. Light copy on radio but we know this will be fixed in NZ for next trip! ETA is Nov 23rd


Fri Nov 14 7:52 2014 NZDT
Speed: 4knts
Run: 58.1nm (105.2km)
23 11S 168 14E
Weather: 10knots SE 30% cloud cover, barometer...seems broken remains at 1118 since calibration yesterday

we have departed!! 768miles to Opua, all well on board


Tue Nov 11 21:38 2014 NZDT
Speed: 0knts
Run: 44.5nm (80.5km)
22 41S 167 30E
Weather: 10knots SE 30% cloud cover

awaiting weather window from New Caledonia to NZ. Now in Isle de Pins, Reassessing weather window on Friday 14th which would get us in on 22nd Nov but looks like a trough in the middle of passage, If not leave 14th sounds like not be a weather window for departure until the 20th


Mon Nov 10 20:54 2014 NZDT
Speed: 0knts
22 23S 166 53E
Weather: 15-20knots SE 50% cloud cover, less squalls today

awaiting weather window from New Caledonia to NZ. Wondering if weather window on Friday 14th will continue to look good if so expect arrival Opua 22nd November - popping in a 'fast day today'


Sun Nov 9 15:07 2014 NZDT
Speed: 0knts
Run: 28.3nm (51.2km)
22 23S 166 53E
Weather: 20knots SE 50% cloud cover. A few squalls around

awaiting weather window from New Caledonia to NZ enjoying last pan au chocolate. Wondering if weather window on Friday 14th will continue to look good if so expect arrival Opua 22nd November


Sun Nov 2 12:29 2014 NZDT
Speed: 0knts
Run: 9.9nm (17.9km)
22 28S 166 27E
Weather: 15knots E 50% cloud cover.... 100% island tourist cover -it's Sunday!

enjoying a pirate party for belated 60th birthday of the ex-admiral of OYARAGH who is visiting with the ex-captain. Plan:back to noumea tomorrow to await weather window to NZ after marooning the ex-captain


Mon Oct 27 23:10 2014 NZDT
Speed: 0knts
Run: 8.1nm (14.7km)
22 30S 166 36E
Weather: 15-20knots E

enjoyed great two days in this anchorage, a little rolly but good kitesurfing and turtle swimming. Heading back to noumea tomorrow morning


Sun Oct 26 10:56 2014 NZDT
Speed: 4.8knts
Run: 42.1nm (76.2km)
22 23S 166 35E
Weather: 15knts E

enjoyed a few nights in noumea, out now exploring new cal, before heading back to town to pick up crew on the 29th. Thinking anchor tonight at prong bay or ilot mato


Sun Oct 19 8:23 2014 NZDT
Speed: 4.5knts
Run: 67.6nm (122.4km)
22 13S 167 13E
Weather: 10knts SE 0.5m swell from the SE 10% cloud cover

10miles from Havana pass...still no fish!


Fri Oct 17 7:30 2014 NZDT
Speed: 4.7knts
Run: 140.6nm (254.5km)
Avg: 5.9knts
24hr: 141.1nm
21 30S 167 56E
Weather: 5knts ESE 0.5m swell from the ESE 60% cloud cover

all well on board, planning on stopping at Mare overnight before continuing on to noumea to time a dawn arrival. Just turned motor on and now 10miles from anchorage


Thu Oct 16 7:35 2014 NZDT
Speed: 5.5knts
Run: 121.6nm (220.1km)
Avg: 5.3knts
24hr: 128.2nm
19 28S 167 59E
Weather: 15knts ESE 1.5m swell from the SE 20% cloud cover

all well on board, just got soacked by a wave so now down below warming up and designing spray hoods! Heading to Noumea if wind stays east otherwise stop at loyalty islands but unsure of legality of stopping there before calling at Noumea?


Wed Oct 15 8:48 2014 NZDT
17 44S 168 18E
Weather: SE10 60%cc

Leaving for New Cal this morning. Boat jobs took longer than expected!


Wed Oct 15 8:21 2014 NZDT
17 44S 168 18E
Weather: 10knots SE 60% cloud cover

Boat jobs took longer than planned yesterday so planning to set sail for New Caledonia this morning


Mon Oct 13 20:39 2014 NZDT
Run: 14.9nm (27km)
17 44S 168 18E
Weather: 5-10knots SE 100% cloud cover and rain

All well in port villa but very wet! planning to set sail for New Caledonia tomorrow


Sat Oct 11 8:47 2014 NZDT
Run: 34.8nm (63km)
17 32S 168 13E
Weather: 5knots SE 60% cloud cover

All well on board. At great snorkelling anchorage, planning to head down to port villa today to wait for a weather window to New Caledonia arround 14th oct


Thu Oct 9 8:10 2014 NZDT
Run: 62.8nm (113.7km)
Avg: 2.7knts
24hr: 64.6nm
17 03S 168 22E
Weather: 0-5knots NE minimal roll in anchorage 30% cloud cover

All well on board. At anchor in Epi, planning to head tomorrow down to port villa to wait for a weather window to New Caledonia arround 14th oct


Wed Oct 8 8:51 2014 NZDT
Run: 25.8nm (46.7km)
16 15S 167 55E
Weather: 5knots NE minimal roll in anchorage 50% cloud cover

All well on board. At anchor in Craig cove ambrym, planning to head to Epi today then down to port villa to wait for a weather window to New Caledonia arround 14th oct


Thu Oct 2 7:09 2014 NZDT
Speed: 4knts
Run: 72nm (130.3km)
Avg: 3.2knts
24hr: 76.3nm
16 36S 167 47E
Weather: 10knots SE 0.5m swell SE 75% cloud cover (baro needs calibration)

All well on board. Robbie not too sea sick after a potent mix of max oral doses of cyclizine ondansatron and hyoscine! Plan to go in and anchor after daylight


Wed Oct 1 8:30 2014 NZDT
17 32S 168 16E
Weather: 3knts E calm anchorage 10% cloud cover

at anchor, all well onboard planning overnight passage to south east of malekula this evening


Tue Sep 30 9:14 2014 NZDT
Speed: 0knts
Run: 14nm (25.3km)
17 32S 168 16E
Weather: 10knts SE, calm anchorage, 90% cloud cover (Baro beds calibrating)

at anchor, all well on board, thinking of going tommorow to SE end of Malekuala to sit out bad weather on Friday


Sat Sep 27 13:42 2014 NZST
Speed: 0 (optional)knts
Run: 293.8nm (531.8km)
17 44S 168 18E
Weather: 5knts S, calm anchorage , 100%cloud cover and rain!

at anchor in port vill, all well onboard cleaning in preparation for awaiting arrival of Robbie Stu


Fri Sep 26 7:31 2014 NZST
No position sent.
Weather: ESE5

5 miles to Port Vila after good overnight pasage from Erromango


Thu Sep 25 19:54 2014 NZST
Speed: 5.5knts
Weather: 15knts SE 1m swell from the SE 10% cloud cover.

all well on board just had great few days at Ponamlas Bay Erromango, overnight sail to port villa this eve, plan arrival tomorrow morning


Mon Sep 15 8:04 2014 NZST
No position sent.

Anietyum in site! And will clean coonections!


Sun Sep 14 12:14 2014 NZST
Speed: 5.0knts
Run: 109.7nm (198.6km)
Avg: 5knts
24hr: 120.4nm
20 29.111s 171 43.778e
Weather: 15knts SE 1.5m swell from the SE 70% cloud cover.

anetiyum arrival tomorrow


Sat Sep 13 14:22 2014 NZST
Speed: 6.0knts
19 51.111s 173 16.778e
Weather: 15knts SE 1m swell from the SE 40% cloud cover.

spirits are high, trying to put south in course to avoid worst of sun/mon weather expect arrive mon avo to aneityum


No blogs available for this yacht.