I am spending time preparing boat for next season of sailing. Plan is to go To Coffs Harbour in June, then cross to New Caledonia, then maybe Fiji or Vanuatu. Then back in december.
- spare autopilot - non-electric, based on sheet tension
- new electric outboard motor Torqeedo 1003, replaced old Mercury 9.9
- 400 AH lithium batteries replaced 480 AH GEL
- itemized list of things and where exactly are located on boat - unbelievably important
- driver seat cover to minimize moisture entering inside boat during sail.
- improved mosquito net
- improved gennaker furling system
- improved water making ability to make water during sail, even in rough conditions
- removed 150 kg of chain
- dyneema ropes used for reefing so downwind reefing is much easier.
Replacement of GEL batteries with lithium batteries saved us 100 kg on port stern side. Replacement of gas outboard with electric, removed 50 kg from stern. Above two changes have made boat sit in water better. Now water noticeably smoother leaves the boat
under sail or motor and drive appears smoother and maybe faster. See pic. Red line is waterline before and after.
I will not be updating this blog in the future as noticed some spying going on for wrong reasons.
PAPIGA - test 1
Danes sem cel dan posvetil raziskavi kako najbolje pripet vrv ki jo vlecem za sabo v neurju in katera je najbolj varna smer ce imamo valove ki prihajajo z dveh razlicnih smeti.