all well. 87nm to Whangarei heads. Yipppee
At long last, a bit of a respite. Thank you David for warning us of the Cyclonic winds we indeed did encounter over the last few days. We were prepared because of his very astute warning. Cheers
Was a boisterous night 30kts SE gusting well over 35kts. Are we still in the cyclonic flow? All Well
Alls well. Wondering when the SE wind might arrive at out location at which time we will head for Whangeri which is our new destination as well as the reason for so much Easting.
Understand there is a trough below us. Can you tell us how much wind and what direction there is in it. Cannot see it on Predict wind. Best to you
Alls Well .
. Figure to Head East when the wind comes to SW which seems like soon. Very nice to be out of the woods. Will be very nice to be back in NZ.
course is correct as I asked again. Going north to come around the back side of the Low to get more Easting in. Hmm
We tried motorsailing to make some easting. Unable to make any better than 160T @ 4.5 kts so we are now again hove to.
Hi Dave and Patricia. I want to first thank you for going to all the extra trouble for us. For now We have opted to Heave too and see what it looks like in the light of day. Will look forward to talk in the Morning. Again Thanks....Kim and Jill
420nm to Norfolk. All is well
all well on board. 990 to go to Opua
Hi Patricia and Dave. Will head in to Denerau for dental work which should be done by the 6th when we will be looking for the next weather window to head to Opua.
Have been looking over your sites and cant seem to find passage notes about this crossing. Can you give me an idea where to look....Thanks so much and really appreciate all you do....Kim
Probably move from Muscat to lautoka today
Arrived! Savusavu will be a better place than under a trough at sea!
All well.course looks wrong.
troughing conditition over Fiji so it will remain sprty
AWOB on their way to Savusavu. ETA am the 7th..
ON PASSAGE FROM aPIA TO SAVUSAVU fIJI. tHIS FROM EARLY 5.50AM nz TIME
wanting, still, to get to pagopago
in Apia enjoying good weather
motoring. Near Apia and needs to talk to a diesel mechanic
AWOB. Closing in but they are at the edge of the trough.
AWOB closing on Pagopago. We are approaching The western tip of Savaii Is.
patiently waiting to depart for Pagopago
Nuituputapu waiting for decent passage to American Samoa
arrived at this SW corner of Nuituputapu at 2300 last night. We had 25kts easterly with higher gusts and close hauled for a quite boisterous run here. Very happy to be here and will move into the harbor later in the day. Can stay a week and look for a weather window to go to Pago Pago by the 24th when Tonga Visa runs out.
80nm to Nuituputapu. All well.
guess you have my iridium email address but here it is anyway. email@example.com
Neiafu Tonga checking out. Still blustery with occasional squall at midnight. Now 0100 testing iridiumand wind has dropped off. I did change out the ground ribbon as well as the connection to the backstay. Wondering if the tuner is bad. I will be testing that as I haed north. Still undecided about heading to the Northern Group or straight to Pago Pago. Sounds like weather is ok for your itinerary. I appreciate that very much. You all must have cruised that area. Thanks and I will get this old Kenwood working right one way or another. Headed to Picton I think for my Haulout at the end of the season up this way. Cheers...Kim of Philiosophy
port Maurelle. Lovely day
anchored at HaAfeeva in the Ha'paais
waiting for the wind to improve b4 heading north
at Pangamotu enjoying Big Mommas hospitality
heading off single handed to Vavauu next week.
Back in Opua since two weeks ago.
report via listowell lady
all well but radio is 'unmoored". good to have back up.
hard to hear
all well. Slowed to avoid strong winds
all ok on board
welcome aboard yit
No blogs available for this yacht.