Auto positioning has us in Lae, this is a myth we are in Rabaul, Kokopo Beach ;)
PNG, Rabaul, great safe anchorage outside the Yacht Club and now over at Kokopo where the new centre of town is really based. Off to the Duke of Yorks tomorrow, finally the dry season has arrived mmmm, will have to be nice to the watermaker again!
Still in Tulagi, anchored in front of Raiders Hotel. Probably the most protected anchorage in the entire area and the diving here is amazing. Our favourite was the Twin Tunnels but we also did some great wreck dives, all organised by Raiders (who also do superbe meals)
On the hook In Roderick Bay in 40 meters, shallow sand is a rarity here, weather tropical, moving tomorrow to Avi Avi near Tualagi to get hauled for new shaft seals, apparently this is the yard to use in the Solomons, we'll see!
Prony village in Prony Bay
arrived in New Cal after a rough but fast crossing (3 days and 20 hours from Fiji). Happy to be here!
100% cloud cover, squalls, messy 3mtr sea, gusting 25, I'd rather be in the bar with a rum and coke!
Enjoying a fast passage, a few squalls out here last night, sea 2mtr+ from East, pressure 1016Mb, wind ~20knts true from 110.
Halfway mark today at this rate 48hrs to run into Port Moselle, I can smell the Brie from here ;-).
Strange to be heading SW again after all the hard work leaving NZ, still that's where New Cal is! 18-25 knts till early this morning when it died off and went E, now 11 knts true, so the pace has altered slightly. Its going to be a different story come Friday.
at the diesel dock... Planning to clear out tomorrow
back at musket cove for some supplies and to catch up with old friends!
lunchtime stop for a snorkel and a swim on Nukuimana reef. Gorgeous.
Yalobi bay, Waya island, anchored in front of the village, beautiful bay and very welcoming people
anchored in Likuliku bay, Yawa island
anchored in Mocelutu passage
anchored next to Sawa-I-Lau island to visit the caves. Beautiful anchorage and very quiet.
Anchored in the blue lagoon
at anchor near Drawaqa island in the Yasawas. Nice quiet anchorage
en route to Yasawas today
Overnight anchorage, on our way to Yasawas
All Yachts, big favour to ask, is anyone transiting from Auckland or close by NZ to Fiji in the next couple of weeks, we have a warranty replacement flexible solar panel thats going to cost more to ship than its worth! Its 1200 x 700 and weighs 8kgs packaged, we are here for a month or so. Will supply cocktails and canapes when we hook up :-)
En route to musket cove
On our way from Naigani to another anchorage
Updated position, last automated entry was incorrect. On our way to Naigani island
On our way to Naigani
Namena island inside a nature reserve
Just updating our position as the auto function put us in Suva, sunshine, no wind, rain showers, Oh and the moorings are too close together as we found out at 0600hrs this morning, not the best way to "meet the neighbours". Awaiting our cruising permit so we can cruise the islands!
Safely arrived in Savu Savu last night and surprise, its raining, ah well at least its warm rain.
PS THe auto-geoposition function has put us in Suva, but we are in in fact in Savu Savu, scrabble anyone? :-)
I suspect it was taking your
Slowly shuffling our way north, watching the latitude drop is akin to watching a glacier calve, we had some decent breeze for 6 hours last night which had us reefing and raising at all hours, at least the shifts seem shorter when you're busy.
We have 14knts from 210-240 oscillating and keeping our watch on their toes. Should be in Thursday am ;-)
Dallying along in 8-10 knts of southerly, dead square under goosewing, cant be bothered gybing away all day for an extra mile, no luck with the SSB again today, I heard Whitehawk trying to raise Roxanne then nothing more, very strange as the pactor is working fine, I will have to go through from tip to tuner cleaning everything as I go.
Water has warmed to 25+ degrees so we should start to get warmer evenings although the southerly today is as fresh as ever, its come a long way you would think it would've warmed up a bit by now! Very squally the last two days not much power in them today max 20knts and just a smattering of rain, not enough to desalt the old girl.
Double reefed with half genoa in 27+knts true, getting slapped around by a WSW steep 4mtr sea, we are running off until we regain the southerly component, hopefully today some time. No luck with GHR the last three days but still getting weather from sailmail so all is well.
Past halfway this morning so 600 to go, its all going too fast :-)looks like we are going to have to side step Minerva tomorrow morning, how did we do it before all these electronics, every chance without the right charts you would be spinning the chamber out here, Reef Roulette! Rehua surfing by.
Ran last night under genoa alone just a wee bit too knarly with the old swell on the beam, however today is champagne sailing wind 20-27knts from 210M, pres 1020, cir over cum 20C, running with everything up some surfing to be had in the 3 mtr swell, thankyou Huey yer back on the Xmas list. What is this yellow orb in the sky? Seathan Rehua
Just punched through that b*gg*r of a front and now in the SW breeze which is still gusting over 30knts T, what a relief to be running with it rather than knocking our heads against the wall.
Thanks Mike for all your help and we will try to continue updating as we go.
Heading out of Auckland and on our way to Fiji!
Congratulations guys! Have a
Rehua is checked out, ETD 1300hrs, customs tell us there are 5 other boats leaving Auckland today, great minds and all that.
Looking forward to an interesting 48 hours lets hope we can clear the worst of the new front. Delorme updates to follow if we can sort it out this morning!
Savu Savu here we come.
Analysis paralysis in Auckland, Tuesday departure is beckoning.... the head says wait until the next front passes through.
Tuesday next week continues to tease, it will be a last minute decision as at the moment the sea state looks daunting to say the least.
Still in Auckland waiting for a weather window to head north
Convalescing in Auckland hope to head north mid July.
No blogs available for this yacht.