Going north to Townsviille
Anchored in the Burnett River awaiting Officials and Port slip assignment in Bundaberg
Pleasant sailing all day and through the night. We are 154 miles out of Bundaberg and expect to be in Monday morning.
Pleasant sailing during the day.. a few squalls at night, wind in the twenties and lumpy seas
All is good... crew plugged one of the heads.. We made 180 miles in last 24 hours and are 475 out of Bundaberg. We will be looking to slow the boat down even more.
All is well on board, we are about 180 miles out of Noumea. It has been a fast sail so far. Passed Our Rose early last night and saw one other stern light on route to Bundaberg. Should be in Sunday night. Might have to slow down for Monday arrival
We are anchored 7 miles off of Noumea and will be leaving for Bundaberg Australia in an hour
Getting Ready to go to Australia
all good... pleasant sailing in the company of Southern Cross and Mintaka
Been waiting for refrigeration parts three weeks. This will likely be our northern most stop... next stop New Cal.
In Anelghowhat Aneityum
Now going to Aneityum as wind behind with Tanna destination. (Crew must have rebelled).
all good... rained a lot in the last 20 hours
will arrive Tanna wed if this keeps up. They are wet so need a peaceful anchorage to dry out.
Seas confused and a little steep. 3-4 break on the quarter an hour. Crew wet, tired and unconfortable
Currently in Port Denarau until the first or second week in August doing repairs and maintenance. Transmission fixed, waiting for parts for the windlass and catching up on varnishing and other projects
Motor sailing since 11:00pm... Raining all night... Christine is on day three of high fever, looking forward to getting to doctor in Suva
Motored all day and night, arrived Savusavu at 3:30am. Not a breath of wind today
Pleasant day of sailing fast with winds 12-15 knots. Winds light overnight 5-8 knots. Currently motoring. Lost masthead wind instrument yesterday. 105 miles to Savusavu.
Pleasant day of sailing fast with winds 15-20 knots. Winds light overnight 5-10 knots and some veer to the north. Backing to the east some this morning. 230 miles to Savusavu.
Pleasant day of sailing. Six hours of motor sailing last night, wind instruments are starting to go flaky making it harder in the dark.
Great day of sailing, sailed into the night in 15 knots until 3:00am Motor sailing until 7:00am
Motor sailing for the last 30 hours, running at 5 kts to conserve fuel. 500 miles out of Opua
Motor sailing through the night. Some six hours of sailing, four hours of rain yesterday. 382 miles out of Opua
Motor sailing through the night, there may be a breeze this morning for sailing. 250 miles out of Opua
Left the dock in Opua at noon.... 130 miles out..all is well on board
Back in Opua and waiting for a weather window to Fiji
128 miles 24 hours......80 miles to Opua, motoring on the rhumb line...all is well on board.
155 miles 24 hours...all is well on board
160 miles 24 hours...all is well on board
180 miles 24 hours...all is well on board
182 miles 24 hours...all is well on board
Wet through out the night, speeds 7 and 8 wind veering to a little to the east over last six hours... Minerva 45 miles out...all is well on board. Discussed whether to carry on. Stay tuned.
With a group of boats waiting out the weekend In Tongatapu/Pangamotu with likely departure on Monday for NZ
Anchoreed off Big Mamas in Nuku'alofa
No blogs available for this yacht.