Arrived safely in Hoga Island in the Wakatobi's. Will stay here for a few days R&R before moving up 30nm to Wangi Wangi.
All well aboard S-F. Only vessels we saw last night had AIS and lights! Mind you one decided to cross in front of us rather than behind....
Going along under main alone to reduce speed for an early am arrival at Hoga Island. May well have to reef or scandalise the main as still going too fast
Left Banda Neira yesterday at 0900 for a 400nm trip to the Wakatobi's. Hoga and then Wangi Wangi.
All well on board S-F, making good speed but will have to slow down as we get closer to make a morning approach on the 9th.
In convey with about 6 other vessels and more departing. "Chi" is about 2.5 nm astern and has been on AIS continually.
Arrived safely in Debut at 1200 Australian time (think it's 1100 here?!). Plenty of room in the anchorage. Had our anchoring beer and our traditional Bacon Butties and Bolly.
All well on board. No dramas in the night, only light we saw all night was Mawari's. 150nm to run, should be in early tomorrow morning.
All well on board. Keeping speed about an average 6.5kts should get us to Debut early morning Friday. Had Mawari and Xamala in visual and AIS all night - very comforting.
Only 80nm this last 24 hours, not bad considering we spent 12 of those trapped by a huge surface net!! A pretty horrible night was spent bobbing about. At daylight the net had dropped off and we were able to sail off YAY. Bob and Sue on Mawari were very good and held station off of us all night in case we needed help.
All well on board, just SO pleased to be underway again.
0800 posn. First night at sea (Arafura Sea!), all well on board. Running under poled twin headsails. Still in VHF contact with Mawari. Some other boats in fleet behind us.
Leaving for Indonesia shortly, should take 5-6 days.
Automated update from App.
Arrived safely in Horn Island after overnight from Margaret Bay. A pretty good passage, even went through Albany Passage!
Now to prep to check out on 14/15th for Indonesia.
Anchored safely in Coffs Harbour after 887nm in 6 days and 17 hours. Off to sleep to await marina and customs opening.
On the home strait, 140nm to go to Coffs. Course a bit north for Coffs but expecting a day of northerly winds which should give us the southing we need. Sun and some blue sky appeared for the first time in two days. All well on board, looking forward to making landafall tomorrow morning.
Woke up to a grey day with 100% cloud cover. Motoring into light winds from west with reefed main, waiting for front to pass and wind to pick up from east. Very different from the sunny days we've had so far! 270 nmiles to Coff's Harbour which is now our destination unless there is a drastic change in the forecast. All well on board.
Still motorsailing through the high. Wind went to NNW in night so managed to keep genoa filled and reduce engine revs. All well on board. 390nm to Coffs. On schedule for a Saturday arrival.
Motorsailing since late yesterday. Had an adverse current and could only make SOG 4.4 with boat speed 6.5kts at 2000rpm!At 0600 managed to reduce rpm as both reading 6kts Phew... Beautiful cloudless day - deck shower day methinks.
going along quite nicely, wind has come more north so a tad rolly. Had 1kt of current against us all night, now have 1.5kt... All well onboard. On track for Sunday lunchtime arrival at Newcastle.
Left Noumea at 1400 yesterday, managed to sail all way out once clear Port Moselle - Fab! Winds died overnnight 15-20 to 10-15. Now full main and genoa.
Arrived safely in New Cal. Thru' Havana pass at 0630 (HW 0800), no problems and carried the flood to anchorage. Will sleep and go to Noumea in the morning.
Lumpy start to passage. Wind and seas eased overnight. 120nm to Noumea. Hope to make 0800 tide at Havana Pass. All well onboard
Leaving Port Resolution 0900 for Noumea.
SE of Anatom, ETA 1000. Funny old weather through the night, clear skies so no squalls but wind 12-22kts. Very difficult to set sails; if set for bottom end, then over canvassed and vice versa. Wind dropped so now motor sailing.
Motoring in no wind and flat seas. Waiting for wind to pick up from the South....
Wind has eased more than expected. 200 miles to go to Anatom, ETA now Saturday am.
On passage to Anatom from Fiji. Left 1300 Tuesday. ETA Friday
Anchored in Fulanga yesterday afternoon after a brisk overnight passage from Vanua Balava.
Arrived safely in Savusavu on Monday
Boisterous and damp last night but been making good speed.
Now on the run in to Savusavu, should be there Tuesday morning.
All well on board
Left Minerva N yesterday 1500.
Motor sailed till 0400. All well onboard
At anchor in minerva.
Should be leaving at the weekend for Savusavu
1030 hrs arrived safely in North Minerva Reef.
10nm from Minerva North. Will enter about 1000 hours. Will wait here until the wind picks up again. Looks like that will Friday or Saturday.
All well on board.
All well on board.
Wind really quite light all way to Fiji now...
Not enough diesel to motor all the way, so rather than drift around will motor to Minerva N and wait a few days before carrying on.
Great day yesterday, good breeze in slight seas. One or two squalls at 0400 but looking good now.
Fancied first hot food yesterday lunch time-yippee
Squally morning yesterday and woken to more of the same! Will let more sail out once squalls pass or start engine if wind too low All well onboard.
Good run from Opua. All well on board
Waiting in Opua. Hope to leave tomorrow for Fiji.
No blogs available for this yacht.