23 miles out of Opua. All extremely well!!
Found the centre of the low. Guess that shud be center for you folk!
All well but uncomfortable seas. Encountered the frontal band last night. Winds from North most of the night 25k with 35 gusts. This morning wind shifted to the South. Currenty motoring to keep steerage and waiting for a Westerly wind component. (Patricia/David, any Idea when this south wind will gain its westerly component? And what to expect next 36hours?)
Strong front. Entered frontal band with double reefed main but boat was quickly overdriven. Reduced to only a tiny bit of jib and still making 5 knots average. Had some rain in first band at 8pm local. All well and we are comfortable for the night.
All well. Good to sail with favorable direction wind again!
good signal which is surprsing as this latitude is normally in GHRadio skip
All well aboard. A lot of motoring so far in primarily SE winds. Approximately 390 miles from Opua so starting to get close!
All well onboard. Motoring with ETA at 31S and 171.30E Friday morning.
all well with the repairs
All well onboard. We took a lot of Easting on the first couple of days and are now planning on the rhumb line to Opua. We are taking our time and not seeking speed so as to arrive just behind a front expected over Opua on the 11/12th. Hope to arrive midnight on the 12th or sometime on Sunday the 13th.
sta Sat midnight but may slow down
All well. Slowing down a bit (and taking some Easting) to encounter a front off NZ forecast to arrive 11/12 Nov.
Glad to hear all is going
All well onboard.
All well on board.
Wonderful! Safe travels..
Departed at 1730 local time 0623UTC from Noumea heading for Opua, NZ (again!)
All well. Motoring along coast of New Caledonia heading for clear in at Noumea.
All is going well. Seas have been calm for a couple days and we are motoring fine. Leak ok with minimal Seas and all remains stable. We are about 20miles ESE of Ile De Pins. We Will clear in customs tomorrow morning sometime. A thank you to Jonathan on Chez Neus and Anne on Sophia for helping coordinate repairs.
arriving this afternoon. All well.
Doing fine. Everything is stable and no worsening of condition. We caught up on our sleep. We are getting much help with contacts and information regarding repairs and entry from fellow cruisers in Fiji and Noumea. Thank you all.
We have turned to the West and are heading for New Caledonia. The leak has been minimized by a temporary fix and we are proceeding fine.
has a significant leak on starboard rudder post, The bushing has come adrift and there is significant play. Strongly suggested they head for Noumea for repairs as wind good to go that direction. However he is going to continue on a McDavitt route to a way point of 25S and 171e. Another boat that had the same problem previously also suggested the diversion to Noumea.
At the end of the net.AN UPDATE. Now heading for Noumea. Good decision. Many of us are relieved. Sofia, in Noumea are going to organise lift out and will be in touch with Sea Angel via email.Boat details have been sent on.
Please put me on first roll call. I would like to give you an update on problem with the boat and request detailed weather on route to NZ. Perhaps relay to Taupo Maritime my situation and facilitate a call schedule with them. Unable to reach them as of 1720 UTC. David.
All well. Had to place a pre-dawn radio wake up call to longliner on a course putting us 90 feet away at CPA. I wish I knew Chinese. Once I woke him they altered course and all was well. Our day 2 was 174 miles, quite pleasing. Our record was 182.
thanks to A Train for the help as radio conditions were poor today
All well aboard. One squall last night with 20+k. Good sailing.
All well. Departed Vuda marina, cleared customs at 11:30AM, on way to Opua
Still planning on departing Fiji for NZ wednesday
Planning to leave Fiji for NZ on Wednesday the 19th weather cooperatng. Do you think you might do a quick roundup of boats heading south this week? Thanks much, David.
Looking to depart for Opua around Tuesday the 18th. Patricia, if it works could you maybe do a simple roundup of the boats planning a departure over the next week or so? Thanks much, David and Karen.
Leaving Savusavu for Denerau/Musket area. Will be looking for weather window to head to NZ within a week or two. Patricia, could you confirm I have the format of update right?
not exactly where their little yacht is on google but in the N Lau somewhere!
No blogs available for this yacht.