Sequoia

Sequoia

Tue Oct 30 9:09 2018 NZDT
Run: 167.5nm (303.2km)
Avg: 6.8knts
24hr: 163.1nm
23 57s 154 59e

Wind picked up last night and we had a few squalls with lightening and heavy rain. Big change in sea state


Mon Oct 29 8:30 2018 NZDT
Speed: 5.5knts
Run: 289.9nm (524.7km)
Avg: 6knts
24hr: 145nm
23 52s 157 38e
Weather: 5kts ENE. 10% cloud cover. 0.1m swell. 1009 BAR.

Still motorsailing along in light variable winds, sunny skies and flat seas. Hoping for more wind today to give the engine a rest. All well aboard. 300 miles to go to Bundaberg with an ETA on Halloween morning.


Sat Oct 27 8:30 2018 NZDT
Run: 145.9nm (264.1km)
Avg: 5.9knts
24hr: 141.5nm
23 46s 162 13e

Motored all night into light westerlies. The sea is eerily calm


Fri Oct 26 7:45 2018 NZDT
Speed: 6.0knts
Run: 148.2nm (268.2km)
23 29s 164 30e
Weather: 10-12kts E. 10% cloud cover. 0.5m swell. 1011 BAR.

Went through Dumbea Pass en route to Bundaberg around noon yesterday. Had a sleigh ride in strong ESE winds until midnight when it backed to ENE and eased. Currently motorsailing in light easterlies. ETA in Bundaberg is Halloween morning. Beautiful full moon last night. All well aboard.


Tue Oct 23 19:06 2018 NZDT
Run: 226.5nm (410km)
22 17.254S 166 25.920E
Weather: 10-15 kts ENE, partly cloudy

Anchored in Noumea waiting to leave for Bundaberg on Thursday, 25 October. Wish we had more time in New Caledonia but will just have to come back next year.


We listened to your net on Sunday but had very light copy on you and couldn’t hear the other boats. We would have called in but didn’t want to step on anyone. We hope to depart for American Samoa Friday. Safe travels to NZ!
Wed Jul 4 7:15 2018 NZST
Speed: 6.0knts
Run: 193.2nm (349.7km)
Avg: 8knts
24hr: 192.4nm
20 02s 168 59e
Weather: 20-30kts ESE. 100% cloud cover. 2.5m swell. 1011 BAR.

Rough night of squalls and high winds but hoping it will ease a bit today. All well aboard. 140 nm to go to Port Vila.


Good plan to go to Port Vila. Port Resolution and Tanna can get pretty lumpy in strong SE winds. Looking forward to seeing you in Australia in Oct/ November. Cheers

So sorry that I missed your call before you left NZ. Stupid phone! Anyway, wishing you a wonderful season up there, and we’re looking forward to hearing all about it whan you get back.
Tue Jul 3 7:09 2018 NZST
Speed: 7.0knts
Run: 184.5nm (333.9km)
Avg: 7.6knts
24hr: 183.4nm
22 42s 169 53e
Weather: 18-25kts ESE. 30% cloud cover. 2.0m swell. 1014 BAR.

Passed through several squall lines last night with winds to 30 kts. The seas have also become rough and choppy as we enter the area of the New Hebrides Trench. We have decided to skip Tanna and go directly to Port Vila for check-in. The weather forecast does not look great for volcano viewing so will fly down from Port Vila or Luganville at a later date. All well aboard. 300 nm to go to Port Vila.


Mon Jul 2 7:00 2018 NZST
Speed: 6.5knts
Run: 158.8nm (287.4km)
Avg: 6.5knts
24hr: 156.8nm
25 22s 170 02e
Weather: 15kts ESE. 20% cloud cover. 0.5m swell. 1020 BAR.

We lost the wind yesterday so have been motor sailing most of the night but it has picked up this morning. Had a few squalls to wash the boat off but no wind in them. It is finally warming up and we are shedding clothing layers. All well aboard. 350 nm to go to Tanna.


Sun Jul 1 6:42 2018 NZST
Speed: 6.5knts
Run: 167.1nm (302.5km)
Avg: 7.1knts
24hr: 169.6nm
27 36s 170 38e
Weather: 10-15kts ESE. 20% cloud cover. 0.5m swell. 1025 BAR.

We continue to have very pleasant conditions for the passage. The wind picked up yesterday and we were able to turn off the motor and sail in variable ESE wind. All well aboard. 490 nm to go to Tanna.


Sat Jun 30 7:03 2018 NZST
Speed: 5.5knts
Run: 172.9nm (312.9km)
Avg: 7knts
24hr: 168nm
29 47s 171 49e
Weather: 8-10kts SE. 35% cloud cover. 0.5m swell. 1026 BAR.

We are currently motor sailing in light wind and calm seas. Enjoying the sunny days and moon-filled nights but it would be nice to get a bit more wind. All well aboard. 640 nm to go to Tanna.


Fri Jun 29 6:21 2018 NZST
Speed: 6.0knts
Run: 172.4nm (312km)
Avg: 7.2knts
24hr: 171.7nm
32 07s 172 52e
Weather: 15kts SSW. 25% cloud cover. 1.0m swell. 1023 BAR.

We continue to have light southwesterlies, sunny skies, and calm sea state. The wind speeds are variable but picked up last night so we were able to turn off the motor and sail. All well aboard.


Thu Jun 28 6:15 2018 NZST
Run: 101.6nm (183.9km)
Avg: 3.3knts
24hr: 78nm
34 24s 174 04e

Departed Marsden Cove for Vanuatu around 1pm yesterday. Apart from the ice on the dock in the morning, we had very pleasant conditions for our departure


Bravissimo! Enjoy every moment It is all precious Aloha Wendy & Jeff
Tue Jun 26 23:00 2018 NZST
Speed: 0knts
Run: 40.8nm (73.8km)
35 50s 174 28e
Weather: 4kts WSW. 80% cloud cover. 1016 BAR.

Currently in Marsden Cove finishing pre-passage tasks for a departure tomorrow morning, Wed 27 June. We are sailing from NZ to Port Resolution on the island of Tanna in Vanuatu, 1040 NM.


No blogs available for this yacht.