they heard us as we got a roger roger but no copy on them so this report is estimated from their InReach report earlier. They will be smelling the coffee and croissants by now though. We are!
Very light copy to Minerva this time. All going well. gettng very close. We wish we were there.
This position from inReach. They were there but this is the first morning even Pigrim could not copy them. Wx OK so nothing to worry about.
All well. Suggested they stay east for a bit then head direct to Tahiti in a few days. Thanks Ron on Pilgrim who has amazing ears.
This is an approximate position based on the InReach report. We got a roger roger for it being close enuf for government work! Are on the edge of the frontal band so will likely have NW15-20. We get a roger roger when we give the weather and also managed to learn that Southern Light has a home port of Vancouver.
not much wind but he sounds cheerful. Thanks Ron on Pilgrim for the detail.
Wow, a real chatty day. Love to all. 100%happy. No fish
they could hear us but we struggled with them except for the roger roger when David talked about wx for the next few days. I asked for a message from them for you folk following them tomorrow. r
back on route for Tahiti . Message from Ginny and family passed.
Just at the end of the front and they are sounding a bit down. Even asked about diverting to Rarotonga! But this is only 10deg difference and they would get head winds so we hope they dont give up on Tahiti.
Radio strong for a couple of words and then fades so is not getting good power or the batteries are low. But they are all good and in a couple of days will start heading for Tahiti.
good course. Thanks pilgrim for the relay. We congratulated the electronic genises on board
Well this took a lot of effort from several boats as their radio is very weak today. Maybe low batteries. However they can hear well and family messages have been received. Will try after the weather to pass the inReach info. Often it is better a bit later.
Later, they did get the inReach info and we managed to get their speed - thanks Heather on Aradonna. We would head SE to 35S to avoid weather that will pass.This was discussed. Tuesday they can change course to Tahiti.
Will keep south until the low above moves off. All is well. Radio signal is light at GHRadio so we are getting relays. This time from Pilgrim
position is all we got but he can hear GHRadio and will keep tracking east until advised to head to destination.
Position corrected later . Thanks calypso 11
Waiting until tomorrow to repair the halyard. This position report from Local Talent.
hove to due rigging problems. These are fixable but not in the current conditions. It will ease by midnight. All is well.
really hard to understand their distorted radio. Hopefully it is just a charging problem. They are in touch with local Talent
No blogs available for this yacht.