Tregoning

Tregoning

Tue Dec 4 17:37 2018 NZDT
Run: 99.4nm (179.9km)
32 40.12S 152 03.24E

12/3/2018 11:30 PM (UTC); anchored in Port Stephens, all well. Looking like a Thursday departure for Sydney, to arrive Friday morning!


Thu Nov 29 14:21 2018 NZDT
Run: 78.8nm (142.6km)
Avg: 4.4knts
24hr: 104.5nm
31 25.56S 152 54.47E

11/29/2018 1:16 AM (UTC); waiting out a nasty low on a mooring ball in Port Macquarie...won't get to explore town much until the 30-40 kt winds die down...all well...so well in fact that R made pancakes this morning in the shape of Christmas icons (Rudolph, snowman, etc.) ...got to get off the boat more...


Wed Nov 28 20:15 2018 NZDT
Run: 488.7nm (884.5km)
30 18.24S 153 08.79E

11/25/2018 7:07 AM (UTC); on public mooring in Port Macquerie...moderately exciting bar crossing and pretty good thunderstorm to 33 kt...all well


Tue Oct 23 8:51 2018 NZDT
Speed: 4.6knts
Run: 151.4nm (274km)
Avg: 6knts
24hr: 145.1nm
23 39.24S 155 50.64E
Weather: Wind SE @ 1 kt; Swell SE @ .5 M; Clouds 5%; Bar 1014 and steady

10/22/2018 1842 (UTC); wind lasted for a few hours...so it looks like a Thursday arrival


Mon Oct 22 7:48 2018 NZDT
Speed: 5.3knts
Run: 529.2nm (957.9km)
Avg: 5.5knts
24hr: 132.4nm
23 16.78S 158 11.78E
Weather: Wind S @ 7 kt; Swell S @ 1 M; Clouds 50%; Bar 1014 and steady

10/21/2018 6:35 PM (UTC); 330 miles from Bundaberg, probably arriving Wednesday; very pleasant conditions now that we FINALLY have some wind!


Thu Oct 18 7:54 2018 NZDT
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 29.1nm (52.7km)
22 17.90S 166 26.07E
Weather: Wind W @ 4 kt; Clouds 90%; Bar 1013 and falling

10/17/2018 1900 (UTC); will leave Noumea this morning for Bundaberg...bye bye baguettes...


Safe travels!
Tue Oct 16 7:57 2018 NZDT
Speed: 0.0knts
22 33.32S 166 47.77E
Weather: Wind ENE @ 9 kt; Clouds 70%; Bar 1018 and steady

10/15/2018 1900 (UTC); anchored at Baie des Citrons, waiting for window to Bundaberg...tomorrow (Wednesday)?


Gail and I are sitting at home in Budapest wishing you both a safe passage tomorrow! The leaves here are beginning to yellow. Gail is working at painting a flower design on a new cabinet, and I’m doing, well, nothing than surfing the net! Say hello to the stars in the sky above you for us! We will be returning to Whangarei in January! Maybe another attempt on a passage to French Polynesia if we can ever secure a Visa? Who knows?

Have a good trip, hope you get chance to stop at some of the reef systems eg chesterfield reef. Xx
Fri Oct 12 7:39 2018 NZDT
Speed: 0.0knts
22 33.35S 166 47.77E
Weather: Wind calm; Clouds 5%; Bar 1016 and steady

10/11/2018 1835 (UTC); will head back to Noumea tomorrow (Saturday)...love Ilot Mato!


Thu Oct 11 8:15 2018 NZDT
Speed: 0.0knts
22 33.35S 166 47.76E
Weather: Wind ENE @ 10 kt; Clouds 5%; Bar 1016 and steady

10/10/2018 1900 (UTC); anchored at Ilot Mato


Wed Oct 10 8:06 2018 NZDT
Run: 41.7nm (75.5km)
22 33.34S 166 47.75E

10/9/2018 1900 (UTC); anchored at Ilot Mato


Thu Oct 4 8:09 2018 NZDT
Speed: 0.3knts
Run: 68.9nm (124.7km)
22 39.52S 167 26.41E
Weather: Wind SSW @ 10 kt; Clouds 5%; Bar 1012 and steady

10/3/2018 19:00 (UTC); anchored at Baie de Kuto, Ile des Pins, New Caledonia...beautiful, but a bit rolly last night


Tue Oct 2 8:18 2018 NZDT
Run: 1.4nm (2.5km)
22 17.82S 166 26.07E
Weather: Wind SW @ 15 kt; Clouds 100%; Bar 1015 and steady

10/1/2018 6:35 PM (UTC); anchored at Baie des Citrons, Noumea, New Caledonia;


Fri Sep 21 8:45 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 257nm (465.2km)
Avg: 3.5knts
24hr: 83.7nm
22 16.62S 166 26.40E
Weather: Wind calm; Clouds 95%; Bar 1016 and rising

9/20/2018 20:39 (UTC); arrived in New Caledonia (Noumea) yesterday under clear skies 70 degrees and beautiful! No fruit nor veggies allowed into country, so today we shop. Also had to hack up the tomato and basil plants...a bit sad, that. We are in Port Moselle Marina for a week...and time to dust off the French lessons...


Tue Sep 18 7:03 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.2knts
20 14.41S 169 46.66E
Weather: Wind SE @ 11 kt; Clouds 100%; Bar 1015 and rising; light rain

9/17/2018 6:56 PM (UTC); anchored at Aneityum but departing for Noumea, New Caledonia around 11 am; fantastic snorkeling here!


Mon Sep 17 7:03 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.0knts
20 14.45S 169 46.65E
Weather: Wind calm; Clouds 60%; Bar 1012 and steady

9/16/2018 1900 (UTC); still at Aneityum; 56 kt gust Saturday night (details in previous position report); heading to Noumea tomorrow (Tuesday); Alison's birthday today!


Sun Sep 16 7:36 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 52.7nm (95.4km)
20 14.44S 169 46.64E
Weather: Wind NE @ 6 kt; Clouds 100%; Bar 1012 and steady

9/15/2018 7:17 PM (UTC); anchored at Aneityum, Vanuautu where we'll check out of the country and head to New Caledonia on Tuesday...huge squall last night, winds over 20 for over 45 minutes, biggest gust was 56 kt at 9:28 pm (local time), lots of lightning and hard rain, no apparent problems in the harbor (4 other cruising boats)


Thu Sep 13 7:06 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.2knts
19 31.52S 169 29.75E
Weather: Wind SE @ 14 kt; Clouds 50%; Bar 1018 and steady

9/12/2018 1855 UTC; Volcano was spectacular! Cost (per person): 1 hr pickup ride to entry point (2500 V); volcano & cultural display (9750 V); total 13,250 V = $132.50 US (approx.); cloud cover was 75%, no problem and beautiful sunset; steady breeze kept ash & sulfuric acid away...worth every penny! (bring WARM clothes)


Wed Sep 12 7:15 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 7.4nm (13.4km)
19 31.52S 169 29.76E
Weather: Wind S @ 6 kt; Clouds 40%; Bar 1016 and steady

9/11/2018 1906 UTC; anchored at Port Resolution...tonight the volcano


Tue Sep 11 6:51 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 138.8nm (251.2km)
19 28.37S 169 23.80E
Weather: Wind 0; Swell SE @ 0.5 M; Clouds 50%; Bar 1014 and steady

9/10/2018 1844 UTC; Waisisi Bay (near Port Resolution), Tanna Island, Vanuatu; a bit rolly, but beautiful bay; will enter Pt Resolution today


Fri Sep 7 7:12 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 109.9nm (198.9km)
17 44.98S 168 18.55E
Weather: Wind SE @ 9 kt; Clouds 100%; Bar 1014 and steady

9/6/2018 1911 UTC; on mooring back at Port Vila...excellent snorkeling on Wednesday at Hook Point, Malakula Island, Vanuatu


Wed Sep 5 8:21 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 63.7nm (115.3km)
16 24.97S 167 24.15E
Weather: Wind SW @ 1 kt; Swell SW @ .5 M; Clouds 100%; Bar 1013 and steady; hard rain last night, light rain this morning

9/4/2018 7:10 PM (UTC); excellent night here at Hook anchorage on Malakula Island, Vanuatu; heading to Port Vila today


Mon Aug 27 17:09 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 170.9nm (309.3km)
15 31.40S 167 09.87E
Weather: Wind E @ 10 kt; Clouds 100%; Bar 1015 and steady

8/27/2018 5:06 AM (UTC); arrived Luganville Vanuatu 11 am


Mon Aug 20 7:33 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 38.5nm (69.7km)
Avg: 2.7knts
24hr: 65.3nm
17 44.32S 168 18.57E
Weather: Wind calm; Clouds 100%; Bar 1013 and falling

8/19/2018 19:18 (UTC); arrived Port Vila just after midnight


Sun Aug 19 17:24 2018 NZST
Speed: 5.4knts
Run: 217.9nm (394.4km)
Avg: 8.9knts
24hr: 214.3nm
17 50.89S 168 53.02E
Weather: Wind E @ 6 kt; Swell E @ 0.5 M; Clouds 10%; Bar 1013 and falling

8/19/2018 5:16 (UTC); should be in Port Vila late this evening; motor"sailing"


Sat Aug 18 17:00 2018 NZST
Speed: 5.2knts
Run: 140.9nm (255km)
Avg: 4.1knts
24hr: 99.2nm
17 45.61S 172 11.65E
Weather: Wind SE @ 13 kt; Swell SE @ 1.5 M; Clouds 100%; Bar 1014 and steady

8/17/2018 5:51 PM (UTC); a bit slower this morning, but moving at over 6 kt for most of yesterday and last night...heading to Port Vila instead of Luganville


Fri Aug 17 6:54 2018 NZST
Speed: 4.5knts
Run: 153.3nm (277.5km)
Avg: 6.4knts
24hr: 153.6nm
17 17.82S 174 16.60E
Weather: Wind SE @ 13 kt; Swell SE @ 1.5 M; Clouds 40%; Bar 1014 and steady

8/16/2018 16:25 (UTC); 27 drops of rain last night...still salt to be washed off; all well on board...lasagna tonight!


Thu Aug 16 6:57 2018 NZST
Speed: 5.7knts
Run: 125.7nm (227.5km)
17 42.17S 176 33.75E
Weather: Wind SE @ 15 kt; Swell SE @ 2 M; Clouds 90%; Bar 1015 and steady

8/15/2018 6:47 PM (UTC); left Suva, Fiji for Luganville, Vanuatu yesterday (Wed) about 6:30 am; all well and good conditions


Mon Aug 13 7:27 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 180.7nm (327.1km)
18 07.37S 178 25.36E
Weather: Wind SW @ 5 kt; Clouds 1%; Bar 1013 and steady

8/12/2018 7:23 PM (UTC); anchored at Suva; leaving Suva on Wednesday for Luganville, Vanuatu


Sat Aug 4 5:36 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 57.1nm (103.4km)
17 10.67S 179 01.11W
Weather: Wind calm; Clouds 5%; Bar 1013 and rising

8/3/2018 5:19 PM (UTC); spectacular Bay of Islands anchorage, Vanua Balavu Island, Lau Group, Fiji


Thu Aug 2 6:21 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.2knts
Run: 23.5nm (42.5km)
16 43.78S 179 44.67W
Weather: Wind SE @ 10 kt; Swell SE @ 1 M; Clouds 10%; Bar 1014 and steady

8/1/2018 6:17 PM (UTC); Horseshoe bay on north side of Matagi Island, Fiji; WELCOME BACK PATRICIA! AND GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAD A GREAT TRIP


Wed Aug 1 7:03 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.1knts
16 26.66S 179 56.26W
Weather: Wind SW @ 10 kt, cloud cover 100%, bar 1014 and slightly falling

7/31/2018 6:56 PM (UTC) Albert's Cove, Rabi Island, Fiji


Sat Jul 28 17:36 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.2knts
Run: 6.8nm (12.3km)
16 26.66S 179 56.26W

7/28/2018 5:24 AM (UTC); weird hazy sky...fire? volcano? We are in Albert's Cove, Rabi Island, Fiji


Sat Jul 28 6:24 2018 NZST
Run: 17nm (30.8km)
16 31.69S 179 59.46W

7/27/2018 6:15 PM (UTC) Beautiful anchorage (Katherine's Bay), Rabi Island, Fiji


Tue Jul 24 6:39 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.1knts
Run: 11.5nm (20.8km)
16 45.04S 179 53.94E

7/23/2018 6:35 PM (UTC) Waiting in Viani Bay, Fiji for the dive boat to take us snorkeling on Rainbow Reef


Sun Jul 22 6:15 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 26.5nm (48km)
16 43.61S 179 43.63E

7/21/2018 6:04 PM (UTC)


Mon Jul 16 14:57 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 70.7nm (128km)
16 46.68S 179 19.83E

7/16/2018 2:54 AM


Tue Jul 10 18:21 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 40.6nm (73.5km)
17 41S 178 50E
Weather: Wind E at 8 kt, 0% cloud, bar 1014

Spending tonight in Levuka, Fiji, World Heritage Site of excellent colonial buildings...and giant beers


Mon Jun 25 15:18 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 233.6nm (422.8km)
Avg: 4.1knts
24hr: 98.6nm
18 07S 178 25E
Weather: Wind SE at 8 kt, 50% cloud, bar 1016

(position as of 3 pm Monday 25 June), all well on board; arrived Suva 9:04 am and very good to be here!


Wonderful!
Sat Jun 23 6:27 2018 NZST
Speed: 3.7knts
Run: 127.3nm (230.4km)
Avg: 5.4knts
24hr: 129.5nm
21 29S 178 06E
Weather: Wind SSW at 7 kt, 10% cloud, bar 1013, swell S 1 m

sailing (position as of 6 am Saturday 23 June), all well on board


Fri Jun 22 6:51 2018 NZST
Speed: 5.2knts
Run: 70.6nm (127.8km)
Avg: 5.8knts
24hr: 138.9nm
23 11S 178 52E
Weather: Wind SW at 11 kt, 10% cloud, bar 1013, swell SW 1.5 m

sailing (position as of 6 am Friday 22 June), all well on board


Thu Jun 21 18:39 2018 NZST
Speed: 5.8knts
Run: 96.9nm (175.4km)
Avg: 2.7knts
24hr: 65.2nm
24 12S 178 58E
Weather: Wind SW at 16 kt, 70% cloud, bar 1013, swell S 1.5 m

sailing (position as of 5 pm Thursday 21 June), all well on board


Greetings from Budapest, where we follow your voyage! Minerva? Just returned from 5 days of camping at a Hungarian Waldorf music school where Gail used to teach. Currently getting warm in the city. Off to Greek Islands next week for 10days. Dean returns to California mid-July. Gail will be hot and lonely in Budapest! Safe travels via satellites communications... Best Dean. PS. We have 2 Ukes now! I’m learning!
Wed Jun 20 7:00 2018 NZST
Speed: 3.7knts
Run: 71.9nm (130.1km)
Avg: 3knts
24hr: 71.5nm
25 19S 179 54E
Weather: Wind NE at 6 kt, 90% cloud, bar 1017, swell N 0.5 m

motor-sailing (position as of 6 am Wednesday 20 June), all well on board


Tue Jun 19 6:51 2018 NZST
Speed: 4.6knts
Run: 57.9nm (104.8km)
Avg: 4knts
24hr: 96.8nm
25 53S 178 56E
Weather: Wind N at 8 kt, 40% cloud, bar 1020, swell NW 0.5 m

sailing (position as of 6 am Tuesday 19 June), all well on board


Mon Jun 18 16:30 2018 NZST
Speed: 4.4knts
Run: 144.7nm (261.9km)
Avg: 4.5knts
24hr: 106.9nm
26 38S 179 21E
Weather: Wind N at 9 kt, 80% cloud, bar 1020, swell E 0.5 m

sailing! (position as of 4 pm Monday 18 June), all well on board


Sun Jun 17 8:00 2018 NZST
Speed: 5.8knts
Run: 235.1nm (425.5km)
Avg: 6.1knts
24hr: 145.6nm
28 31S 178 19E
Weather: Wind SW at 7 kt, 1% cloud, bar 1021, swell SE 0.5 m

motorsailing (position as of 7 am Sunday 17 June), all well on board, and finally getting a bit of wind!


Fri Jun 15 17:15 2018 NZST
Speed: 5.2knts
Run: 145.8nm (263.9km)
Avg: 6.1knts
24hr: 146.4nm
31 35S 176 37E
Weather: Wind SW at 3 kt, 75% cloud, bar 1021, swell SE 1.5 m

motorsailing (position as of 5 pm Friday 15 June)


Thu Jun 14 17:21 2018 NZST
Speed: 5.8knts
Run: 172.6nm (312.4km)
33 31S 175 37E
Weather: Wind SW at 13 kt, 75% cloud, bar 1020, swell SW 1.5 m

Left Marsden Cove Marina yesterday (Wednesday) at 11:20 AM for Minerva Reef then Fiji, motorsailing (position as of 5 pm Thursday 14 June)


Mon May 21 14:42 2018 NZST
Speed: 0.0knts
Run: 3.9nm (7.1km)
35 51S 174 32E

Left Urquharts Bay this morning for Marsden Cove Marina


No blogs available for this yacht.