Windshadow 1

Windshadow 1

Mon Mar 20 9:11 2017 NZDT
Run: 666.6nm (1206.5km)
Avg: 2.8knts
24hr: 68.1nm
31 31.27S 159 3.3E

Lord Howe Island on March 17 at 8.03pm east aus time


Fri Mar 10 14:11 2017 NZDT
Run: 20.9nm (37.8km)
33 37.8S 170 13.8E
Weather: 10N, 1m seas, cloudsNW and sunny, 1004 slowly rising

anxious to get going. Models are not agreeing. Probably better to wait until sunday as some strong winds tomorrow


Thu Mar 9 17:04 2017 NZDT
Run: 1108.6nm (2006.6km)
33 21S 170 22E
Weather: NE25-30, 5m seas

Have been on sea anchor for 3 days and will need to be on it another day. All well and Robin sounds pleased with the way the boat is handling conditions. They now have a sked with Gulf Harbour radio every evening. Through Sunday anyway by which time they will be on their way.


Sat Feb 18 13:16 2017 NZDT
Run: 146.3nm (264.8km)
33 50.77567S 151 5.44852E

After another postponement in January we are now planning to sail Windshadow from Opua to Sydney via Lord Howe in March.


Sydney , got it, we must have been pistol shooting when your call came in, David will check wx as soon as we get wifi this afternoon and I find his ipad.
Tue Oct 4 12:20 2016 NZDT
35 49.46542S 150 10.32278E

We were not successful in our attempt as we did not get a weather window satisfactory to us within the time we had to depart. So we spent a few days sailing the Northland Coast then returned to our mooring in Mahurangi. We plan to go in January instead. I am looking for crew with ocean experience for the trip so if you are interested please contact me on robin.smart2@bigpond.com .


Dear Sir, I understand you are looking for a crew member to sail across the Tasman Sea. I am a naval architect and boat builder (by trade), with commercial qualifications with a passion for catamaran. I'd be very interested in talking to you, if you are still looking please cantact me. I currently live in Sydney but can fly to NZ.
Tue Oct 4 12:17 2016 NZDT
Run: 1367.3nm (2474.8km)
35 49.46540S 150 10.32243E

Wed Sep 7 13:23 2016 NZST
36 28.77488S 174 43.49730 E

we are planning to sail from Auckland to Sydney via Lord Howe leaving subject to weather the next full moon. Windshadow is a Tennant 11 m cat. There will be 3 POB, myself Robin Smart, my son Will, and Peter Boyle. We are up to Cat 1, also have a SPOT tracker,


No blogs available for this yacht.