Anchored at Majuro at noon and all checked in just before 1700. Ashore for the first time in three weeks and prepping tomorrow for a potential tropical disturbance Saturday night (GFS says yes, ECMWF says no, Joint Typhoon Centre expresses concern, official weather report does not ...). Caught another mahi mahi and a wahoo yesterday making it 1 fish per 290 nm (I removed the 300 nm or so we did not fish due to the bouncy weather from the stats). Stats would have been much better if we did not lose both mahi mahi that hook at the same time just before entering the pass to Majuro. Full stats to follow in a blog post but that is rather further down the "to do" list.
In the first time in three days we have eased the sheets a bit and are not hard on the wind as rounding - at a large distance - Mili Atoll. Much more comfortable now. Thankful for our little tough hank-on staysail that has pulled this far to windward. Still a fair amount of wind averaging in the low 20's peaking so far at 28 kts.
Still heading north ... After days of light winds we went through one big squall and as if we had gone through the Alice in Wonderland looking glass the winds changed. Fluenta has been hard on the wind since 31 Dec (our time) in true winds from 15 to 27 kts. Rather bumpy and wet as we blast through the waves plus amazing amounts of torrential rain. The most dense concentration of squalls and electrical storms we have ever seen so we have been stowing some of the electronics at night including the Iridium Go so you may notice the tracking feature on our blog stops working. Appears we have made it north of the ITCZ so hopefully a bit less squally but stronger winds are forecast. 215nm to go (less than a Marblehead-Halifax race)
No blogs available for this yacht.