At anchor off Nomuka'iki enjoying the snorkeling and island walks.
Just started our wandering through the Ha'apai. Anchored off Kelefesia Island last night. We saw more whales yesterday coming up from Tongatapu than in our past 10 yrs of sailing. Probably off to Nomuka tomorrow.
Arrived Tongatapu on 12 July. Anchored off Big Mama's and bidding Sharron a sad farewell today, 16 July.
We should sight land soon... Must be very flat. One motor out with bad clutch. Hope Customs can be flexable on our anchoring location. Full note to follow.
Motoring overnight, lumpy 1m seas, very light and shifty winds.
Have made our easting and will turn to the rhumb line of 36T and wait for the easterlies. All fine on board
Plan to leave this pm for Tongatapu. 2-3 days and about 280 miles. Light winds forecast probably some motoring.
settled in N Minerva reef. All is well
Seas calming will try for Minerva if possible before dark or lay off
slowed down due to sea state and squalls.All well onboard.
Dodging rain, celebrating Sharrons birthday
All is well. Loved watching the full moon rising!
Chilly but no dramas,sweet as!
Here we go again...Minerva bound!
Returning to Town Basin Marina this AM, AWOB
Beautiful sunrise. Should be in Marsden Cove Marina by mid afternoon. AWOB
Gentle clear night with beautiful stars. We have had to turn back to NZ due to rudder linkage trouble. ETA 36-48 hours Marsden Cove Marina or Opua depending on situation at the time.
Kenn Batt, could you please advise about return weather. We plan to motor at 5 knts or sail the rhum line with very reduced sail plan.
Gentle clear night with beautiful stars and sunrise. All is well.
In Marsden Cove Marina planning to depart for Tonga tomorrow. Please confirm receipt of this email by replying to this address.
No blogs available for this yacht.