In We marina after overnight sail from the mainland
Really isolated spot. About to head to the loyalties but waiting for weather.
Tucked into a good spot behind the reef but still there is a bit of wind
Anchored in Port Boise sheltering from the strong westerlies. Trip out to the Loyalities is being delayed by the weather
Escaping the coming westerlies by heading to a sheltered bay near Noumea.
Saturday market and provison restock visis to Noumea. Was a 14hr downwind sail from Kotu
Anchored in Kuto, Isle de Pins. Lovely spot.
Anse Majic. On a public mooring put down to protect the coral. Track up the hill to the lighthouse and whale watching station.
Visited the hot pools and the rapids. Interesting place. Very sheltered and remains of iron mining & prison camp.
Apologies to all those that got worried with the lack of updates. I had enabled automatic tracking using our AIS through satellite but it did not seem to work. Let's just say it was an eventful trip! The boat looked after us and we did OK- even though on a few occasions we were heading more for Fiji than Nouméa!
Have returned to Noumea to do Immigration and am now sitting in the Port Moselle cafe enjoying the 'atmosphere'.
Will get a local phone number soon but if anyone needs to contact us Janet has her NZ number still. Just text- the roaming rates are extreme!
Cleared customs through the marina office on Friday. Quarantine man came down very promptly and left us eggs and bacon for breakfast. Then discovered that is was a public holiday and immigration was closed! Decided to head out to a local Island and chill for the weekend. Great spot. Swimming with turtles.
Tied up at Port du Sud. Have arrived on a public holiday so everything shut so just tied up at the marina amoung superyachts. Start the clearance tomorrow. Now beers and a good sleep!
Tied up in Opua Marina after a boost up the coast. 30kn+ winds but sheltered from most of the swell by the land. Exciting time getting around Brett and motored through the islands. Good to be here. Now waiting for a weather window to head north.
Good wind to sail north, but a lot of wind to contend with. Dinghy decided to leave us as we passed the Hen and Chicks so the crew had man OB practice to get it back. A really good intro to the boat for the team. Now anchored up in Tutukaka and having a nice dinner.
Departed Hobsonville at 1500hrs heading north. Anchored in Bon Accord for the night.
In the final stages of getting ready before our trip north.
No blogs available for this yacht.