Another Adventure

Another Adventure

Fri May 24 7:12 2019 NZST
Speed:
0.0kn
knts
Run: 71nm (128.5km)
16 43.757S 168 08.707E
Weather: wind 8kn NE,20%cc, baro 1014, sea flat in anchorage

At anchor in Revolieu Bay on Epi. A nice sail yesterday afternoon from Port Vila. All is well on board.


Tue May 7 7:24 2019 NZST
Speed:
0.0kn
knts
Run: 59.8nm (108.2km)
Avg: 2.6knts
24hr: 61.2nm
17 44.650S 168 18.759E
Weather: wind 2kn ESE,90%cc, baro 1011, sea flat in anchorage

On the mooring in Port Vila. Light showers this morning. Warm showers on shore though! We got a temporary clearance in Port Resolution and will run around to Customs and Immigration here this AM. All is well on board.


Mon May 6 7:57 2019 NZST
Speed:
7.0kn
knts
Run: 85.7nm (155.1km)
18 27.592S 168 49.402E
Weather: wind 23-26kn ESE,30%cc, baro 1012, sea 2-2.5m E

Left Dillon?s Bay on Erromango early this AM and on the way to Port Vila. Current wind and speed should get us to Port Vila by late afternoon today. All is well on board.


Fri May 3 7:15 2019 NZST
Speed:
0.0kn
knts
19 31.470S 169 29.817E
Weather: wind 10-12kn SE,10%cc, baro 1017, seas flat in anchorage

Conditions still good in the anchorage. A little roll but not uncomfortable. The seas outside the anchorage look pretty rough though. Some rain squalls passed through during the evening, but not until after the crew returned from the volcano. All is well aboard.


Thu May 2 7:57 2019 NZST
Speed:
0.0kn
knts
Run: 52.5nm (95km)
19 31.471S 169 29.822E
Weather: wind 10-12kn SE,50%cc, baro 1017, seas flat in anchorage

Arrived yesterday afternoon in Port Resolution after a quick downwind sail from Anatom. Good conditions in the anchorage. Waiting for customs to come over from Lenakel. All is well on board.


Wed May 1 6:33 2019 NZST
Speed:
0.0kn
knts
Run: 13.4nm (24.3km)
20 14.224S 169 46.738E
Weather: wind 12-18kn SSE,80%cc, baro 1015, seas flat in anchorage

arrived at Aneityum yesterday. Had a pleasant swim in warm water and crew enjoyed a run ashore. Preparing to leave for Port Resolution this morning. All is well aboard!


Hey Frank! Happy arrivals to you, and congratulations on yet another safe and happy passage! I'd love to be having that swim you mentioned... We'll be in touch when we're coming you're way, but at present we are enjoying our second haul-out in two days due to transmission... stuff...ing... and stuff... Much love to you and regards to the crew as well, Gail& Dean
Tue Apr 30 10:57 2019 NZST
Speed:
5.8kn
knts
Run: 130.8nm (236.7km)
Avg: 5.6knts
24hr: 135.3nm
20 23.830S 169 39.673E
Weather: wind 14-18kn SSE,40%cc, baro 1016, seas 1.5-2m E&SE

Approaching Amalghowhat on Aneityum. Plan to spend the night and head out to Port Resolution tomorrow. Large short period seas from different directions all afternoon yesterday, improved this morning. When do David and Patricia start the morning broadcast? All is well on board.


Mon Apr 29 11:45 2019 NZST
Speed:
6.5kn
knts
Run: 171.6nm (310.6km)
Avg: 6.6knts
24hr: 159.3nm
22 12.907S 170 13.506E
Weather: wind 14-18kn ESE,40%cc, baro 1019.seas 1.5-2m SE

Tacking downwind toward Aneityum to decide whether to continue on to Tanna. If the swell is still large and easterly Tanna may not be good? Nice weather with the seas more moderate than yesterdays washing machine of large waves! If conditions continue we can reach Tanna by tomorrow afternoon. All is well on board.


Sorry this may not come to you but I dont have your sailmail address details Frank. Swell tomorrow is going to be about the same in both places, 2.5m.  It gets higher on Friday at both places. Up to 3m. Primary swell is coming from the SSW. Sea driven sea is coming from the SE tomorrow. On Friday they tend to merge and both come out of the SE. Port Resolution tends to have a rough area off Yeway Point. Give it space. Going to Aneityum you have total protection due to Mystery Island and it is easy to get into from the west. If us, we would go to Aneityum. May as well as hard to get back to! Dave and Patricia
Sun Apr 28 9:54 2019 NZST
Speed:
7.0kn
knts
Run: 154.3nm (279.3km)
Avg: 6.6knts
24hr: 158.3nm
24 34.083S 171 05.356E
Weather: wind 14-18kn ESE,50%cc, baro 1019.seas 2m E

Light wind overnight is filling in this morning with seas building out of the east. We are expecting the seas to be a bit rough by tomorrow with the wind on the stern. All is well open board.


Sat Apr 27 10:30 2019 NZST
Speed:
6.2kn
knts
Run: 159.3nm (288.3km)
Avg: 6.9knts
24hr: 166.2nm
26 47.756S 171 14.431E
Weather: wind 10-12kn E,20%cc, baro 1019.seas 1m ESE

Another pretty morning. The wind backed and softened a bit this morning. All is well on board.


Fri Apr 26 11:30 2019 NZST
Speed:
4.8kn
knts
Run: 144.1nm (260.8km)
Avg: 5.7knts
24hr: 137.5nm
29 04.717S 171 36.348E
Weather: wind 10-12kn SSE,10%cc, baro 1021.seas 1m SE

A beautiful morning with clear skies and light winds. Sailing wing and wing. Getting warmer above the 30 degree latitude line. All is well aboard.


Thu Apr 25 10:21 2019 NZST
Speed:
5.8kn
knts
Run: 167.9nm (303.9km)
Avg: 7.2knts
24hr: 173.7nm
30 59.537S 172 33.653E
Weather: wind 10-15kn SSW ,80%cc, baro 1020.seas 1m SW

Sea was a bit rough yesterday but more settled and pleasant this morning. A few small rain squalls around as well. All is well on board.


Hi Frank. We were talking about you over Easter. Youre on the way already! We plan to leave in 10 to 14 days for Vavau via Minerva. Then Fiji by early August and NC mid September. Catch up somewhere. Happy cruising
Wed Apr 24 11:09 2019 NZST
Speed:
5.9kn
knts
Run: 144.3nm (261.2km)
33 17.817S 173 28.106E
Weather: wind 15-20kn SSW ,40%cc, baro 1020.3,seas 3m SW

Left Opua around noon yesterday and are off to a good start. Easy sailing with reefed main.All is well on board.


Good sailing Frank. I received an email yesterday from Simon for Local Talent granting permission to check in Aneityum, Vanuatu. And continue up to Port Resolution, Tanna. I think he was away for the Easter Holidays but has returned. I emailed him that you were making the same request, but he didn't respond to that part. Maybe you have heard from him? sfarro@vanuatu.gov.vu He responded promptly to my questions. Maybe you should write him again. The permission did include a PDF, 2 page letter. We are fixing a transmission seal leak early next week and hoping to depart soon after weather permitting? I told Simon we were looking towards arriving Aneityum about May 15th/ Who knows? Dean & Gail PS Al says 'Hi!'

No blogs available for this yacht.